Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Looking to get nicer sound from exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 AM

Well, im not sure what to reccomend as far as flowmaster. But I can tell you that if you go to flowmaster's website you can hear the differences between their mufflers. Given, you're not gonna get near the sound as what they have samples to cause its all the older camaros and mustangs and others. But, you can hear the differences in the loudness and kinda get an idea of the type of sound they give. Have you done a thurough search on youtube, there is a sht load of different motnes with the flows.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 AM

ok will ANY muffler fit my car?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Well yeah and no. You gotta make sure the overall size of the muffler itself will fit in its proper spot and then make sure you have the correct inlet and outlet, then you'll be good to go. It sounds like you're really wanting to get the flows huh? Have you considered the hush powers? You said you dont wanna get any hooflah going with the cops around you. Other than the hush powers, you could look for somthing with the mild or moderate tones to them.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:45 PM

okay so what do you specifically recommend? I also have a downpipe and maybe a plog coming in

Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 AM

3" zzp downpipe, what mufflers from amazon?

Old 07-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Is your engine supercharged? I cant remember and Im too lazy to go back and look. But if you're not supercharged, that DP might be to big in diameter you could loose pretty much all your torque. I would reccomend cherrybomb elite but then again, those might be to loud if you have dik cops where you live. Maybe some thrush turbo, but again Ill refer you back to the dik cop thing. If your worried about getting the cops on your ***, you might be stuck with stock mufflers cause pretty much any after market ones are gonna make it a bit more loud. If anything go with a "moderate tone" Flowmaster. Like I said, the agressive tone is gonna be quite loud. When you're looking on their website, they list the tone of each muffler so you can be sure. Listen to the clips they have and you can at least hear the differences in the volume. Even if its on some older V8's, you can still get a ballpark idea. Although you're not gonna get near the note you hear from those cars.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:36 PM

im supercharged, will the donwpipe alone change the sound?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:36 PM

no. if its catless it will a small bit- almost unnoticeable with stock mufflers.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:39 PM

but the performance is increased correct?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I disagree. The hi-flow cat with the downpipe made mine SLIGHTLY louder. It sounds good to me. Yes, the hi-flow cat & downpipe, which eliminates the u-bend, will give a slight increase in performance. Noticeable? Probably not

Quick Reply: Looking to get nicer sound from exhaust.