Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Looking to get nicer sound from exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:22 PM
15 Year Member

Yeah, with stock mufflers you wont notice that much, you will, for maybe the first couple times you drive. But after I got my mufflers changed, and then when I got my downpipe, I did notice a huge difference in tone and volume, and I still can tell the difference. The above say you wont hear a difference. This goes both ways, some will say you hear a big difference and some say you dont (this applys to aftermarket mufflers though). You will get some increase in performance though. Have you decided on the mufflers you're getting yet??

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:48 PM
|

nooo i dont know what to get.... from amazon

Old 07-11-2010 | 12:42 AM

my friend has a 03 bonnevile sse and he got his mufflers cut off and got straight piped and it sounds nice he went to a local muffler shop and they did it for like 70 bucks

Old 07-11-2010 | 12:54 PM
15 Year Member

Ehhhh, I dont reccomend cutting off mufflers on these engines. If you're worried about sound and dont wanna get certain mufflers because that might be too loud, you're gonna be a good bit louder with the mufflers hacked off. I think youd be happy with the mufflers you were originally going with. FROM AMAZON!!! LOL Just get the flows you were looking at, I dont think you're gonna get in trouble.
Tell me somthing> What have you done to your exhaust so far, what have you bought, what do you have that could be on delivery right now. Just tell me the "exhaust situation" you are in right now. Is it stock now, and have you purchased anything yet? Also, what kinda of numbers you talking> I mean, how much you looking to spend?

Old 07-11-2010 | 12:59 PM
15 Year Member

Somthing to add. If you do go ahead and hack the mufflers off, DONT do it for 70 dollars, that seems like they ripped him off. A friend at a shop I go to offered me that with some NON RESOANTED tips for 30 bucks.
If you're gonna cut them off, cut them off yourself, then use some exhaust clamps to clamp some long RESONATED tips at the point where you cut the mufflers off. That way, you can do that for the price of the tips and clamps.
The whole point to the resonated tips is, it will make the tone of it less raspy and give you more of the sound that would come with some straight through design mufflers. The offroad downpipe is also a great sound enhancment. Some say they didnt notice a difference, but I did and a big one at that.

Old 07-11-2010 | 01:36 PM
|

http://www.amazon.com/Flowmaster-804...873239&sr=8-16

these good???? Nothing yet its stock i have a 3" zzp DP coming in

Old 07-11-2010 | 02:44 PM

yo snake i heard real good things about the 40 series, i myself will be putting on the 40 series delta with 2.5 in dual 2.5 out so same thing. not a bad price either mine was 80 with my old mans discount. heard the super 44 is a more agressive muffler but this is a small step down. in my opinion 3 inch is a little to big for me unless u have a turbo, supercharger, or alot of extra mods on your beast. personally i'm going with 2.5 inch all the way with dauls coming off my 40. maybe check out some of the other members rides like trewyn or wht02monte their setups are very close to what i think u want to accomplish but thats just me. if u can get the 3 inch pipes to sound good do it to it!!! good luck

Old 07-11-2010 | 05:03 PM
15 Year Member

Yeah, those are good but, I think you need a center in/outlet. I dont think you should worry about cops. They shouldnt bother you with these mufflers. What kind of DP are you getting catted or offroad?

Old 07-11-2010 | 06:16 PM
|

so those would be good??? for sure???thanks for the insight silver, appreciate it, I am s/c =)

Old 07-11-2010 | 07:37 PM
15 Year Member

Why are you so obsessed with Amazon?

Quick Reply: Looking to get nicer sound from exhaust.