Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intense Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Default RE: Intense Racing

I just want to get my car fast so when other montes pull up next to me and some of them ol schools pull up I will be able to take them.
Um, the old schools are running 350's with pro chargers, running mid 10's. You and I, are not going to take most of those "Ol Schools" that use raw engine power to beat poor little v6's like you and I.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 AM

O im not talking about an ol school with a lot of mods. I know im not going to be able to stay with them. a lot of people just put an engine like a 350 in it and thats it cuz around here people are worried about putting big rims on them like 26's or 28's so they don't mod their car like that. i raced a 350 Monte Carlo LS and it didn't beat me, those cars are heavy.

Oand believe me i want and need that power from a V8. like i said I love my car but im young and i am in the position where in a couple of years I will have the choice to walk in the Benz lot or the Cadillac lot and say I want that big body Benz. I grew up around nice cars so it's nothing new to me.

I love my monte just don't want to start putting turbos and all that other stuff in to it. I am putting 22's on it for the summer and I won't be racing anyone on them just strictly stuntin purposes then.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:49 AM

well, your choice. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz
Um, the old schools are running 350's with pro chargers, running mid 10's. You and I, are not going to take most of those "Ol Schools" that use raw engine power to beat poor little v6's like you and I.
You have to admit that is by far the minority as far as muscle cars go. 99% of the 'muscle cars' you would run into on a day to day basis aren't going to be 10 second cars.

I understand what he's getting at- most of the old school muscle cars were only 14-15 second cars, with some of the more rare models getting into the 13s (granted times would be a little quicker on modern rubber). But thats still well within the realm of what a modded L67 can touch.

You figure out of the stock and stock resto ones, the chances of you running into the real killers on the street (ie an LS6 chevelle, 426 Hemi Cuda, etc etc) is pretty slim. Most of what you'd find are regular small blocks and a handful of big blocks with minor bolt ons.

I dunno, maybe around you guys, you have some crazy street muscle cars; but around here- if you go out cruising, I could probably count on both hands the number of 10 second muscle cars that can and doactuallycruise aroundon the street (most are non street legal slicks/cage/wheelie bar setups). If I had to take a guess, the average 1/4 time for the muscle cars around here would only be maybe a 14.0-14.5. Not to mention most of the muscle cars around here aren't even the high line factory packages- they're usually somewhere in the middle of the base model and high end trim.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:18 AM

yea bumpin96monte you understand what i am saying. most of the old schoold where i stay just have pipes on them and they sound nice but hardly no one has a suped up old school like that around here.

i know i have raced a few..... they are ten times louder than my car but they are all bark and no bite when im racin them