Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Intense Racing PCM

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Default Intense Racing PCM

I just installed an INTENSE Racing PCM. I did the security relearn, and as usual after the 3rd cycle the car attempted to start. However the car would only crank and not turn over. Any ideas???

Old 01-14-2008, 07:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Intense Racing PCM

Buy a ZZPerformance PCM and avoid Intense Racing products all together. Mine was a bolt in install.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 PM

I had a ZZP 1.0 PCM, it did start the car, but gave me a bunch of DTC's and made my oil pressure gauge stop working.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: White05LT

I had a ZZP 1.0 PCM, it did start the car, but gave me a bunch of DTC's and made my oil pressure gauge stop working.
Yeah, I think I remember a post about that awhile ago. I would redo the security proceedure just to be safe. Make sure you wait the whole 10 min each time or even longer.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 PM

I am not trying to be a smart butt so please don't take this wrong. I was taught that all engines are not the same and what will work on one might not work on the other. My son drag races and he got one of those HP tuners and he does all that himself. He tried what others were doing sending their PCM out and getting one in return and it did not work on his but on others it did with the same engine and setup. For what it is worth I would buy the software and used your laptop and set it up the way it runs for your vehicle. That way you can change the settings without having to send it back for a re flash and all. All your stock settings are save so you can go back and start from scratch and re tune it again and trial and error until it runs the way you want it to.. Yes it does cost a little more but it is well worth the money. If you going to play you have to pay a little more to get it right. Sure they set it up for what you tell them and they go from there. Air fuel mixturehas tobe correct to make HP. If your TB is worn a little it lets in more air and they can't know that from just sending to them so it won't run just like it is suppose to.Or the injectors are running a little rich from ware. Air density changes the way it runs to. I might be just blowing smoke on this but it is just what i learned and read about making all the HP out of your engine the way you want to. Even for the street.. Engines do ware with miles so you got to take that into consideration
I might be wrong on some but i do believe i am in the ballpark on these views..

Old 01-15-2008, 04:56 AM

Hey there,

I think getting the software might just be my next option. I just don't understand why 2 companies now have claimed to be able to work with the 2005 MC's, and have both products fail. Perhaps there is something different between the 2000-2004 MC's and the 2005 model.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM

I think you will be a lot better in making changes yourself them letting others do it for you. Some might not think this but that is my 02 on it. If you bought a vehicle in Colorado and brought it to the east coast it would have to relearn the air to fuel mixture because of the altitude, Like i said it cost a little more at first but pays in the long run...Hp tuners is what i have heard are the best software to buy. Now that is just hear say...and what my son uses with no problem.. I take away from no other maker just veiws of my own..

Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 AM

I am thinking this may be my next avenue.I'm just weary of causing serious damage to my car in the process.

-Anthony

Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 AM

The best thing you can do with any programmer is read. read the manually, read it again, if you think you know it all now... read it one more time. Mess with the tuner and read the manual one more time before saving.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Buy a ZZPerformance PCM and avoid Intense Racing products all together. Mine was a bolt in install.
Don't do that, they don't know how to tune yet....^^^^ Intense has been tuning way longer; read some post and see how many are having problems with the ZZP PCM's...

Also, don't let others talk you into get a tuner just because it's better... You have to ask yourself, where you want to go with the car...You canjack upyour whole setup, if you don't know what you're doing...

Can I also ask why you have taken out your TB screen??? More people have problems with that dinky lil mod, then those w/o it....

Quick Reply: Intense Racing PCM