Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Getting Thrush Installed and Dent Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127
Just got the car back, it sounds better but not by much. It's still too quiet for me, you still can't hear the idle and you can hear the power stering over the exhaust.

OHHHHH no no no. That wont do. Actualy not having the mufflers is not that loud for the 5-0. I never even get a second look. Think of it this way. Its not louder than a 1000 cc harley. Your good to go. Drop the mufflers.

I was looking at the Thrasher. Dont they make them with ports in them? I'm thinking it being solid, your loosing most of your tone down the tube and in the catalitic converter.

Last edited by bblackstone; 05-22-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea i noticed those welds too One thought, what would be better. Leave stock resonator on and putting glasspack in place of muffler, or removing muffler and putting glasspack in place of resonator?

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 05-22-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
I think it looks pretty cool under there. I say chop the mufflers. Worst thing that could happen is you don't like the sound so you weld them back on.
Thanks! And yeah, but I'm not installing them because I don't have a lift, only way to get them back on is to pay someone lol.
Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Sounds like you have a possible whining alternator. There shouldn't be any whining when your revving your car(unless its supercharged) I would try and listen around the engine bay to try and locate the noise.
My brother's 04 GP GT has a whining alternator, but his car is loud enough to where you can't here it and it has the stock mufflers. Oh and I found out today the reason the monte is so much quieter than a gp is because the gp gt has a walker soundfx, whereas a monte has a walker quiet-flo.
Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Wow...I thought it would have been louder than that with a Thrust glasspack on it. I have a 30" magnaflow glasspack on mine with the stock mufflers and it's louder than that. The popping when you let off is probably a leak in that funky welding job they did. No offense, but if I saw that when it was on the rack I would have told them to do it again and put a decent bead on it.
Lol a thrust glasspack

The popping was there before I had the stuff done, and I found out even though my digital cam records bass better, the noise when the rev stops goes up by a lot! So I have been using my iphone for videos now. The weld on the sleeve is the only ones that look kind of bad.

Originally Posted by bblackstone
OHHHHH no no no. That wont do. Actualy not having the mufflers is not that loud for the 5-0. I never even get a second look. Think of it this way. Its not louder than a 1000 cc harley. Your good to go. Drop the mufflers.

I was looking at the Thrasher. Dont they make them with ports in them? I'm thinking it being solid, your loosing most of your tone down the tube and in the catalitic converter.
Thrush, and yes they have ports. And I'm not getting rid of the cat :P
Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Yea i noticed those welds too One thought, what would be better. Leave stock resonator on and putting glasspack in place of muffler, or removing muffler and putting glasspack in place of resonator?
Depends on how much a slight cackel would bother you, for me I like cackel if the cackel isn't the tinny sounding cackel like a broken exhaust.

Oh and I have a drive-by for you guys!

Last edited by brendan127; 05-22-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM