Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Getting Thrush Installed and Dent Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Default Getting Thrush Installed and Dent Fixed

I'm about to head over to the muffler shop and here's some pics before I go, maybe I'll get some after, and maybe a video. :P

Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM

Why not just go muffler free? Just asking. I'm sure you have a good answer. My 04 sounds great with out mufflers. I'm interested on the sound. Please do a video. Just in the case I like the thrushers better. One thing for sure. They will look great with your Black Monte.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by bblackstone
Why not just go muffler free? Just asking. I'm sure you have a good answer. My 04 sounds great with out mufflers. I'm interested on the sound. Please do a video. Just in the case I like the thrushers better. One thing for sure. They will look great with your Black Monte.
It's going where the resonator is. If I don't like the sound I'll get the mufflers removed later. Straight piping it would attract too much 5-0 attention for someone on pre-trial diversion. Hopefully just the thrush and mufflers will have a good tone.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
Hopefully just the thrush and mufflers will have a good tone.
good first decision, i shouldve gone that way in the first place with mine lol it should give you a nice mellow tone

Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
good first decision, i shouldve gone that way in the first place with mine lol it should give you a nice mellow tone
I figured there's no use in spending money twice, test it out with the mufflers on first and if I don't like it go from there

Your monte is way better than mine though, you have everything I want basically. :/

Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

I figured there's no use in spending money twice, test it out with the mufflers on first and if I don't like it go from there

Your monte is way better than mine though, you have everything I want basically. :/
if i would've started with the the resonator first i would've liked it and save a bunch of money! because thats basically what i have now and love it :p lol

and thanks man, with a little more money and yours would look just like mine! but in black haha

Old 05-22-2012, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
if i would've started with the the resonator first i would've liked it and save a bunch of money! because thats basically what i have now and love it :p lol

and thanks man, with a little more money and yours would look just like mine! but in black haha
My rear wheel wells have rust , too bad they aren't $50 like the front ones where you can take them off and put new ones on yourself. Oh yeah and the sport cast wheels suck, the diamond-cut ones don't. I want roof rails too, but I'm not crazy about spending around $200 for some plastic :/ I went to the junkyard a while ago and someone had already grabbed the ones from the only 40th anniversery gp there, they took every other thing like that off the car too.

You also have a high sport package and I don't lol.

Last edited by brendan127; 05-22-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

My rear wheel wells have rust , too bad they aren't $50 like the front ones where you can take them off and put new ones on yourself. Oh yeah and the sport cast wheels suck, the diamond-cut ones don't. I want roof rails too, but I'm not crazy about spending around $200 for some plastic :/ I went to the junkyard a while ago and someone had already grabbed the ones from the only 40th anniversery gp there, they took every other thing like that off the car too.

You also have a high sport package and I don't lol.
my rear wheel was rusted out pretty bad, got it fixed though, the other side too also some rust but its just a tiny bit lol
i paid $140 for my roof rails but you just have to keep a lookout and you can get them for cheap
but then again i got a SUPER GREAT deal on my monte high miles but it still looks pretty good

Old 05-22-2012, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just hang in there and keep modding and you'll get your monte looking good.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM

Just got the car back, it sounds better but not by much. It's still too quiet for me, you still can't hear the idle and you can hear the power stering over the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Getting Thrush Installed and Dent Fixed