Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Exhaust DONE!

Ok guys,

well I finally got a round to getting the majority of my exhaust done. The only two pieces left i need are the stainless plog and a downpipe, but heres what I have so far.

On clubgp.com, i found a member about an hour and a half away selling an SLP Loudmouth catback wacked off after the resonator. I drove down there monday night to pick it up and brought it back to my buddy Brian's shop (cottons performance). The local member was also nice enough to throw in a piece of 3" which another member had begun to modify for the slp exhaust, but the bends were all wrong and the hangers werent right, so needless to say it needed work.

Once i got there, we started changing things up.
-First off, we wacked all of the pipe off before the collector where the exhaust splits into the y-pipe. (from SLP, the exhaust is 2.5" into the collector, and then is2.5" to each muffler)
-Next we took some 3" mild stainless and fabbed up the entire front pipe from the cat all the way back to the collector for the dual 2.5" out
-In the mix we threw in a 3" exhaust cutout right behind the passenger rear tire (normally you would want a cutout before the cat to gain the most at the track, but since we will be adding a downpipe, this spot is more than efficent. not to mention, the cutout is a simple tri bolt design, so it will make for quick removal without having to jack up the car with a fairly sized extension and ratchet..)
-We were also able to get rid of the u-bend while we were in there since we litterally modified the output of the cat and got rid of the cheap factory rusty flange.

Heres a few quick pics i snapped on my cell phone (it was like 9:30 and i wasnt going home to get my real camera)

The exhaust sounds amazing. Its sooo deep.
I will try to get some full shots of evrything done and maybe even a video clip from inside and outside the car!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Default RE: Exhaust DONE!

Hi Brandon,
Thanks for the update : ), sounds like a super system.
Please find a way to make a video.
It would be a great holiday gift to the MCF Member's.
Can you feel the power difference ? [&:]
The sound of a great exhaust system is music to my ears.
I don't need a radio, if a car/vehicle has a powerful,
deep exhaust tone.
We will be look'in forward to your future posts, and update.
Thanks, Happy Holidays 2 U.
`Space

Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Same to you!

As for power, im not so sure yet, because it straight up rained all day yesterday so i didnt have an opportunity to nail it.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 AM

Bradon, you have something good to look forward 2 : )
A good Exhaust Sounds is like a auto instrument,
that needs to be heard at all levels, or RPM's : )
I love going to the Drags, and watching the races,
but what I really love, is the Awesome `Sounds
of powerful engine's `Singing : ) throughout their power band
I hope the weather clears for your test run's : )
Please share the experience.