Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

3.4 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

im going to get the 40's but i want the deltaflows? not the super 40's? i want the deeper toned ones and i believe the super 40s are louder and not as deep

Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM

I have the 40 series deltaflow(just a single one) not duals, and it sounds great, at idle it sounds like a v8, and when your lightly on the gas its a low drone, well audible even over the stereo. I really love my 40 series deltaflow

Old 05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member

okay, i think i have a ypipe in line, and i want to know what i should do for mufflers, i heard the 50 series delta flow is the quietest and still has a rumble but i cant find any videos of it on youtube with a similar or same engine.

does anyone have any suggestions of similar mufflers? im looking for a low rumble at idle and dont want a loud rasp when i floor it, would prefer not to have any popping either, and i want to keep my resonator and cat on, if that makes sense.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:10 PM

I recommend you call every shop you can and see if they can order the "shop exclusive" cherrybombs. They are more commonly known as "cherrybomb whitebox".
Thats what I got and I love the way they sound. Not too loud but you can for sure hear them and distinguish what car they are coming from. Just to give you an idea of how loud they are (because in my vids they sound a hell of alot louder than they really are) with the CAI, my engine is louder than the two mufflers at full throttle. But then again, this is my opinion on what sounds good. And if you are dead set on keeping your cat and res, it will be much quieter than what mine is.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I recommend you call every shop you can and see if they can order the "shop exclusive" cherrybombs. They are more commonly known as "cherrybomb whitebox".
Thats what I got and I love the way they sound. Not too loud but you can for sure hear them and distinguish what car they are coming from. Just to give you an idea of how loud they are (because in my vids they sound a hell of alot louder than they really are) with the CAI, my engine is louder than the two mufflers at full throttle. But then again, this is my opinion on what sounds good. And if you are dead set on keeping your cat and res, it will be much quieter than what mine is.
anyway you could make me a video of the idle and just a mellow rev? and theyre not glasspacks right? so they wont wear out?

Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 PM

I could maybe do it tomarrow. Id have to barrow a camera from somone whos records sound. But I will for sure do it. I do have a vid up with all different kinds of revs and idle, you would just have to watch alittle more though. If you want to hear that one, i could send it tonight. And yeah, there just good 'ol mufflers, glasspacks are not my thing.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I could maybe do it tomarrow. Id have to barrow a camera from somone whos records sound. But I will for sure do it. I do have a vid up with all different kinds of revs and idle, you would just have to watch alittle more though. If you want to hear that one, i could send it tonight. And yeah, there just good 'ol mufflers, glasspacks are not my thing.
maybe ill have to check them out then, do you have a youtube? and i dont need the video like now, i could just check out the vid with different revs if i had a link or something, just trying to get some different ideas of what i like, and not many people do much to the 3.4 or 3.5s so its kinda difficult ha

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member

hey wht02monte, in your vid i hear some popping and kind of tin sound, is it like that at all in person? otherwise i think it sounds sweet

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member

in the rev vid that is

Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 AM

No tin at all, but there sure is alot of popping I love it. The tin is just cause the camera I was using.

Quick Reply: 3.4 Exhaust