Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2 weeks from installation...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Default things are coming together...

i just placed the order with ZZP for the 3" 304 Bolt-in and so I should have the DP within the week... as soon as it comes in, i am making the appointment at the shop and getting it done! (which should during the first part of my spring break while i am stuck in town for work to begin with)

i am excited, guys! (like i said, vid/audio clips are forthcoming)

thank you all for being so helpful! i am very appreciative of how great you guys have been and how accepting of noobs you are compared to other forums!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Default RE: things are coming together...

haha, were always accepting of "noobs", because we all know weve been there. heck, I post just as many tech questions as some of the newest guys here... I have been here a while, I dont know everything! lemme know when you get those things installed... I might be heading to Sufu within the next 2 or 3 weekends!

Old 03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Default things are coming together...

The downpipe/cat/!u-bend is in transit and should be here tomorrow morning and I have the job scheduled (3" cat-back to y pipe, 2.5" after ywith Flowmaster 40s)in for this Friday... things are coming together nicely!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: 2 weeks from installation...

t-minus9 hours until I drop the car at the shop for the install (yes, that means 7:30 in the morning! ). the ZZP dp came today via UPS and i recorded a pre-work clip of a drive-by and parkedrevs... will record an "after" set once i get the car back tomorrow afternoon! i will have the files uploaded as soon as i get the video edited (after spring break) in our library. check back in a couple days after Easter to hear the new sound! God, I can't wait!

(i've listened to the before drive-bys and you almost can't hear exhaust at all... just the intake and supercharger whine! that will all change tomorrow!)

Tommy Pro

Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Default MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

It's done! I love it! ... it actually is quieter than I anticipated, so I am glad I did the resonator delete. I don't even have to max my stereo (which I normally do do) to cover it. As for sound, it is almost exactly what I was looking for and so I am set. (clips are coming)

Old 03-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Default ONLY drawback...

the only drawback to my new exhaust is that any change that is in the cupholder vibrates and gives that metal ringing sound! (good thing i took my change holder from my '02 to put into the center console of this baby!) lovin' every minute!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ONLY drawback...

I have been throwing a P0420 code on my Intimidator SS since I put on the ZZP 3" downpipe. I think I just solved it, as I haven't thrown a code in a week. 2 weeks ago I made a swing by ZZPerformance and bought the front ceramic coated stainless power log manifold. I wanted the cross-over pipe and reap manifold also, but they were sold out. I'll have to wait on them. I put the p'log on a week ago and no code so far (knocking on wood).
As for headers, TOG is out of business, and unless you got a BIG cam, you will lose low end torque with the bigger tube Pacesetter headers. 1 3/4 vs 1 5/8 primaries. They recommended the ported rear manifold and p'log, and the crossover, all ceramic coated. Supposed to drop the underhood temps by 40 deg's! P'log is worth 8 hp.
I intend on finishing this mod, and adding a cam and 3.2" pulley t(hopefully) his summer.
I suggest you add these mods to your exhaust system for the final touch.
What ya got for an intake system? Other mods?

Old 03-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: ONLY drawback...

i put the K&N intake on the first week i had my car and, if it hasn't already it is close to paying for itself already! no regrets there!

also, (knock on wood) i haven't thrown a code yet! i jut have the stock manifold in there yet going to the 3" dp with 3" back to the y-pipe where is have 2.5" flowmaster 40 in/outs... and that is ALL!
headers/etc. are a project for this summer... b/t that and subs! lots of plans... very little cash!