Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2 weeks from installation...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Default RE: 2 weeks from installation...

Bolt in. It's about an hour long job with gathering tools and cleanup.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM

It sounds good to me although my future Exaust Mod Im just going with the downpipe and U bend delete and the flowmaster 40s. I kind of like my quiet car I have had my fair share of loud throaty Camaros and Firebird. That I kinda of like my quiet sleeper V6. These boys in this college town here drive around their mustangs thinkin there hot not knowing my car can kick the holy living snot out of thier obnoxiously loud 5.0.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM

i would LOVE to be able to do it myself, but i have a warranty so i need ASE Certified folks to do all the service and modifications to my car (it's bs i can't change my oil or brake pads or anything... BUT it's nice not having to worry about any MAJOR malfunctions!)... so the only thing that the time factor does for me is with the labor costs... that considered, there isn't any noticeable difference on reliability or performance between the bolt in and weld in versions? i would think it less likely to break a weld than a bolt...

and i have decided against the res delete... i don't need that much noise and, like someone said in another thread, i need to be able to talk with anyone i get to sit shotgun in this ladykiller!
besides, i can always go back and get the res delete done later if i decide that i need more volume (and if i decide to Dynamat my interior)! as far as going from the ZZP piece back to the Flow 40s, nothing else needed there that the shop can't fab up, right?

and, nate, here i see a lot of ppl sportin body and exhaust mods but nothing in the way of performance, so i want to catch their attention andTHEN take advantage of their ignorance (thank you, Intimidator, for not STATING you are sc'd!) lots of civics, cavaliers and others with body kits and fart cans... i want 'em! same with those dime-a-dozen mustangs... bring 'em on! and those guys with the stock novas at Z'kota? i want them to turn and look!

Old 03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Default need help ordering!!!

so when placing the order (I am ordering the parts myself and bringing them to the shop to avoid markup) I will want to go what route?

ZZPerformance downpipe, high-flow cat and U-bend delete...
https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...&catid=110
ZZP Downpipes
Model: 3 inch bolt in With cat (+ $100)
Option 2: Add rear O2 extension for 04+ (+ $20)
Option 3: Add manifold to DP gasket (+ $10.99)
Option 4: Send me a prepaid return label

Flowmaster 40 mufflers... confused! what product number am I lookin for?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: tommypro

ZZPerformance downpipe, high-flow cat and U-bend delete...
https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...&catid=110
ZZP Downpipes
Model: 3 inch bolt in With cat (+ $100)
Option 2: Add rear O2 extension for 04+ (+ $20)
Option 3: Add manifold to DP gasket (+ $10.99)
Option 4: Send me a prepaid return label
right?

Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah....

i'm not a flowmaster kind of guy... i don't know where to get flowmaster muffelrs . most exhaust shops probably ahve them in stock.

try www.summitracing.com , they migth have Slowmasters

Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM

k, thank you! i will be making the calls this weekend to place the orders for next week! (so now ONE week from installation!) i can't wait... the only thing is going home over spring break! (dad's cattle are NOT going to like the F40s!)

i'm just going to call the shop and see if they can't get the F40s for me since they'll be fab'ing up the rest from the cat-back!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:44 PM

I'm a Flowmaster guy and love them, they are loud tho. But I am upgrading to Borla mufflers in the summer.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Default 1 week from installation...

i'm getting anxious... went to the shop and they're going to order the FM super 40s and fab/bend everything from the cat back... i'm ordering the ZZP downpipe tomorrow and should have everything in by the end of next week! (just in time for spring break!)

i'll post before and after audio and after videos for y'all as soon as i get it done! (i'll use the school's media center camera)

i'm so excited!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Default RE: 1 week from installation...

Mind me asking how much they plan on charging you for this?

Quick Reply: 2 weeks from installation...