Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

07 monte 3.5l cai

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:32 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 07 monte 3.5l cai

been looking but no success thinking there is no hope for the car and the air intake and i dont want to f up the cpm that is in the air box what is the best on for the 07 3.5l motor exept for the exaust and rims thats it cant find programers or any thing fot it except rims stereo amp exaust that was custim made for the car every thing else was easy for it i am sending out for a s.o.s

Old 02-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Default RE: 07 monte 3.5l cai

your gonna have to go with a custom cai. use a K&N cone filter and spectre tubing. You'll have to use your factory maf sensor and you'll have to drill a hole in your tubing for the vacuum sensor.. without that sensor your traction control light will go off. you'll also have to build your own heat shield. with exhaust and a custom tune the car will be pretty much maxed out short of something really expensive. I have the same car with a custom cai, magnaflow cat-back, header wrap, and the aftermarket motor mounts.. with a dyno tune and my zero to 60 is in the low 7's. I got into the 6's a month ago when the outside temp was in the 20's...

Old 02-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Default RE: 07 monte 3.5l cai

once i get the money saved up, i am going with an MPD, Inc cold air intake. they are$285 withthe cone filter and $255 without the filter. i could build a sealed enclosure box here at work, but i'm having a hard time finding time to do it. therefore, i'm just going to use my overtime earnings to pay for it in a month or so. yes they are expensive, but it looks like a damn good product and it will look nicer than anything i could build myself. plus i don't have a garage to do it in. i usually work on my car when i can go back to my dad's shop about ocne every6 weeks or so, and that's 2hrs away from here.

http://www.mpd-inc.net/mc.htm

i thought i saw a programmer from JET Performancealong with a MAF, but i don't want to put anything on my ecu that couldpossibly leave a footprint (i don't know if it will)and void mywarranty. at least w/ the intake, i can put the stock one back on again if i had to take it in.