General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Is your Monte Carlo modified ?
My Monte Carlo is factory stock, (never change it)
5.00%
My Monte is slightly Modified> I'm slightly guilty
55.00%
My Monte is highly Modified > I can't control myself
40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

> Are you a Monte Carlo Molester ? <

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The block it self is the only stock part in Mary Janes engine an that's been modified too
This is a to each they're own. Resale varies so much on car,location,miles,original,what's done, who did the work, an who drives it( last to are more race car type of things)
Some cars hold more value to certain people. Value will always be in the wallet of the buyer.
But I would never trade in a modded car.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

my car's are slightly modified, the 02 with the decal package, the rims, cai, wood interior pieces (well they look like wood when you walk by lol) windshield sticker and a few other odds and ends, with more to come (exhaust has been ordered and awaiting shipment, as my cousin owns an exhaust fabricating shop so I get it all at cost ) and the 04 is bedazzled with diamonds on the interior as the wife likes that sort of thing, yes I know a woman that likes diamonds is a rare commodity these days but other than that hers is pretty much stock.

As far as the question of resale value being effected by mods, yes it does completely narrow your market for a buyer as different people like different things and the more changes you make the harder it is to find someone that will like what you have done. I don't mod for resale value, or increasing the value, I mod for personal taste and pleasure. Every time I walk towards my car I smile a little bit as it give me a personal sense of enjoyment for all my hard work maintaining and caring for it. Every time someone compliments me on my car I walk around for the rest of the day with the biggest smile, as it makes me feel that someone else appreciates and understand the love and time it takes to keep a car in beautiful condition. Now if I were at a dealership, all they would see is the base car and wouldn't even look at the modifications as being a plus in any way, and more than likely the mechanics or guys in the back would just look at it as a way of getting parts for their cars

Old 09-08-2013, 02:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I voted slightly modded. I have modded a lot of different things, but mine is more mild then wild lol.

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
I've seen too many people mod their DD and then complain it's always breaking.
Depends what you are getting into. I've seen the same thing, people go too wild on a DD. But, if you know what you are doing you can either get the minor supporting mods for a down the road bigger plan (such as exhaust or intake mods for a couple common ones). But if you are planning on something like a cam, something that may impact the tuning of the car and you are not 100% sure what you are getting into, it might be best to hold off on the mods.

My current daily has SIMPLE mods. L67 coils on a 3400, A/C pulley belt delete (compressor and such is still there, but I may remove it in the future as the A/C system is dead), LED lights, modded dome light (open a door and all 3 lights go on, previously the rear map lights only came on when you switched them on). All simple stuff, nothing crazy.

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
All those Modifications mean nothing to the dealer! There only going to give you base model trade in value.
... You'll get the most value for it by selling it on the street to a private buyer.
Yeah, sadly that is the case. The dealer is not into moving modified cars, that's part of the issue. Someone told me for every one person that does not want to buy a modded car, you will have 2-3 that will.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
Default Just an added thought

Let's say you are in the market for a used car, you go to a dealer, Ford, Chrysler, Chevy, and he will sell you a cars that looks good and will last long enoughto get through his warranty, 30, 90 days what ever it is. You go to a private seller with a Clean, mildly Modded car and 7 out of 10 times you get a car that is worth having. In my and my families experience! And if it drives as well as it looks like it should, a knowledgeable buy will be Happy to pay your asking price.
I'm. Interested in getting a 4th Gen in the future. 3 things I know for sure, it will not be bought from a dealership, and I Will Modify it a bit more than Mild! Lastly, it will be Mine until one of us dies!!!!! And That's the truth so help me!!!!!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Mine is slightly modified, however I consider it more stock than modified, or "semi-stock", which will usually fall under a stock category at most shows. Any modification that maintains the originality of the car and doesn't drastically change its appearance will usually fall under stock. I love the stock look of the 7th Gen SS so my modifications have been subtle to compliment the originality of the car. Nothing too crazy and it doesn't need to be; a nice, clean, uncluttered look that more so lets the car to speak for itself. That's how I like it.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Mine is off the chain. Last night at a local car show we took best engine and best 2006 to present damn Im lucky to have a wife that lets me have such a great car and to take it to the top. I beat New Mustangs Camaro's Challengers with a front wheel drive car makes them sick and I love it.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Zen

So far I've only own 3 cars that I haven't modify. One was my olds it was a winter beater that I had for 3 months. The trans am just haven't got to it yet. An my current truck. It's just aster of time for those two. I always make them my own

Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My glass is still factory and thats about it.... I'm with JC, bought it built it break it build it break it build it. LOL it's just the way it is. You have to pay if you want to play.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

Mines is slightly modded, its my dd until I get my avalanche then its my summer, spring, and half fall car. I want to gain as much hp but yet get as much mpg I can

Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 PM

My car is slightly modded. It has aftermarket taillights, headlights, a cold air intake, and a Magnaflow exhaust system. I plan on tinting the windows and getting rally stripes in the future.

Quick Reply: > Are you a Monte Carlo Molester ? <