General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Default RE: Why did you ?

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

hey Luke, that car would look 10x better if Illinois didn't require a front tag

and just think... it looks great now, 10x more.. ~WoW~ (As Space would say)

hey Cort... great story man, a Monte man from the beginning, lol
i had the front cover on for one week and got pulled over twice for a fix it ticket so to me it wasnt worth the cops bugging me, but i do agree with you on that. Also i wish i could tint the front windows but you cant in illinois.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Why did you ?

Why did I buy my Monte Carlo..Well Since 2000 when they redid the body style, Ive loved them, but didnt like the rims the car came with for the SS until 2004 and 2005. Then the front body style chnage in 06 is what sold me for this car, plus the laser blue color. I have been shopping around for a MC since about June when I graduated college. My S-10 with 133,000 miles was showing its age getting me back and forth from home to BFE(college), and my g/f wanted me to upgrade to a more reliable vehicle instead of working on the truck the whole weekend fixing a new problem with her dad and drinking beer.

So anyway, I was looking around, just got a new job that paid well, saved up for a down payment and found a nice Red Monte in Roselle Illinois. It was a 2007 LT with the 17 inch rim and higher spoiler package with dual exhaust. The only problem this car had was that it was a rental from Hawaii, and it was missing paint in some places, the hood paint was spider webbing already, and it looked like it had been run through the streets of down town Chicago with the scratches on it. The car salesman(Vulture) thought I was ready to buy this car for 12995. He was mistaken. I told him the previous monday that I wanted to see those scratches buffed out, and the nickel size paint chip touched up. Well the dumbasses at the shop touched it up with the Red Jewel paint instead of the normal Red(forgot the name of it). The salesman told me that I could wet sand it to make it look better.

This is when it got ugly. I told the guy a child doing fingerpainting could do a better touch up than the idiots he had working there, and that the hood was something new that I didnt notice before. He only had a blank stare during this conversation. I then got into it with him about how the car being an 07 has 33k on it when the car was based out of a rental company in Hawaii. This is when my g/f left the building crying cause I was pissed and ready to go all out fisti cuffs with this guy cause he was getting in my face.[:@]

It was then I recieved a magical phone call on my cell from my g/f's dad(drinking buddy and mechanic). He told me he just found a 06 Monte in Barrington, in the color I wanted and for $100 cheaper starting than this beat up red one.

Being in Roselle going to Barrington in rush hour traffic took 2 hours. I saw the car when we pulled up. I got out of my g/f's car and did a few walk arounds looking at the body to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with this car like the last one. The salesman came out, introduced himself in a positive customer friendly matter, and tossed me the keys without a hesitation. I took the car for a spin. It had 30k miles on it. Asked if he could pull it into the shop and put it on the hoist to look more closely at it. The salesman complied and I was amazed at how clean this vehicle was. I told him if the price is right, Ill be driving this car out of here tonight.

And thus it was, he took off $1300 from the $12,800 price tag on it. I got the extended warranty on everything under the sun on this car for a little extra, and a low interest rate and awesome payment plan, plus he filled meup ongas, and had it detailed. I couldnt pass up this deal.

Ive been happy ever since, and cant wait to start modifying it, without blowing my warranty.