Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why did YOU ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Why did YOU ?

*Old Thread ReNewed, since we have many new members or
older member's that never posted why ?

Why did YOU
buy a Monte Carlo ?
Please post your story, reasons, and
share how wise you are in your choice
of a Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?

Please Post/Share
Thank You
Sure

Last edited by Space; 11-10-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:08 PM

My first monte carlo (my white 98 RIP Carla) was basically a situation of desperation, I needed a car to get to work that was within my price range, and most of the ones I had looked at in my price range from private owners were in REALLY bad shape mechanically (even tho the body looked great). It was at that zero hour and I was looking at two cars, my Monte and believe it or not a Honda Civic. The honda had major problems and felt like I was driving a clown car on 13 inch wheels. No thanks.

Test drove the monte on a sunday, bought it from a real good friend of the family and his kid knocked the price down. I practically stole it from him for $500 bucks (He originally wanted $1500!!) because she had body damage. He didn't care, just wanted it gone. Owned her and loved her for two months, then got into that horrible accident. Fell in love with the Montes ever since. My insurance company paid for my new monte, transmission and all, and while she's still a work in progress, I will NEVER own another vehicle but a Monte, I swear. There is just no beating the comfort, the get up and go (well except for a transam or a firebird) and the body styling is just SEXY!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 PM

The body design was what attracted me to the Monte's, they're just sexy and unique.
Just like the Trans Am (The front of those vehicles are just awesome) and also the Dodge Magnum, that station wagon is one to be proud of!
but overall I love my Monte!
..ugh, but i do need a four door car soon, its begining to be a hassle to have to keep moving the seat up everytime i need to take my son out from the back seat, not big of a hassle to get rid of her :P
Go Montes!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Because I heard of this site with a kid going by the name SpaceRider. He told me it's an awesome car.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

would you pass up a red 2 door that really only needed tires & front brake pads? for $400? add to that there is no MAJOR body damage, it ran well, had bucket seats, a CD player, and all kinds of other goodies that i could only dream of having in my 84 oldsmobile? the rest is history.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Honestly, I wasn't too crazy about choosing the MC. It was a 2 DOOR! My wife spotted it as soon as we stepped onto the lot. I'm 6'5 and would never imagine I'd drive a coupe, I've had SUV's, Trucks, Vans or sedans. We test drove an 05 Impala which was junk, then the wife wanted to take the MC out for a spin. Well, I guess that's the end of my story. We roll the Monte now.

I won't lie though, I had to punch it when I got out of viewing distance of the dealer. I was impressed - after just coming from 2 SUV's with 0 power. Not that I drive it like I stole it; But at the time when it wasn't mine, I had to, right?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

When the "new" body style came out in 06, I thought to myself damn, thats a nice looking car. But was very happy with my Cavalier at the time, and not looking for a new car. Then I totaled the Cavalier, and was looking at Cobalts, when I was at the dealer, I saw my Monte, and a black SS on the lot brand new, along with a used silver 06. Thought it was out of my price range, but the dealer did some really big discounting. (5,000 off MSRP, and 0% APR for 5 years). I test drove it, and had to have it! LOVED it ever since!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 PM

I was getting out of the Army in 08 and needed a car. A friend had a 97 Monte LS for sale and the car was in good condition so I bought it with the condition that when I went to sell it I would only sell it to him. I really liked the car but kept seeing the 6 gen all over Lawton and fell in love with them. One fine day this year the skies opened up and a hail storm destroyed the 97 so I went and bought the 6 gen beauty I got today. I've been very happy with both cars but the 6 gen kicks serious tail, and now it's going turbo.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Because I heard of this site with a kid going by the name SpaceRider. He told me it's an awesome car.

LOL `Lou,
I heard that same thing from that SpaceRider
dude when I looked in2 my mirror

Thanks EveryOne that posted...We enjoyed reading
your reasons & why you are so intelligent
in your selection of a SuperSuper Monte Carlo.
Thank You

Look 4ward to reading more posts by our
Monte Family Member's.
Peace/Out
`Space

Old 11-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Seriously...

I saw my Monte sitting on a Chevy dealership lot, and thought it looked cool as hell. I wasn't even a fan of Nascar or Dale Jr at the time. That came after I bought the car.

Quick Reply: Why did YOU ?