General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Default RE: Where do you park?

I try to park by the nicest cars also, or if no luck there I park probably 4 or 5 spots away from the next car.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got no problem if somebody wants to park in the farthest back corner and take up 2,3, or even 4 spots. What bugs me is when people park in the closest and best spots, and still take up 3 spaces. If they're that worried about their car, they should move to the back like we do.

Just thinking... Has anyone tried parking in an empty cart-return thing? Sure it would be a challenge to get in and out, but the cars next to you wouldn't be able hit you with their doors. They'dbe hitting the big steal pipes of thecart corral.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 PM

LOL, nope, but that would be funny to see, and agree with people taken up spots, when there close

Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM

i have this odd feeling if I was to do that, I would have an army of carts blocking me in when I got out of the store and back to my car...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Forgot how great of a pic the Monte takes at that angle.

(I am not as good as all the rest here at chopping.)

Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thats pretty good cropping solaraslayer, lol, the cart returns i see are always too narrow for a big Monte, plus you'd have to crawl out the window (but as you can see in my signature, no problemo), but htere would be a big army of shopping carts and a nice little ticket under the wiper when you get back.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 PM

I also like to "park" behind the theater in town where the cops won't disturb me when I'm with the woman.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM

After seeing a few people slam into the cars parked in the farthest parking spots I decided to never park there. I once saw a girl in my class nail a Talon with her older Silverado, not much of the Talon was left, but it sure did make a nice story.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thats exactly what i'm saying... people reach the end of those rows and quit paying atteniton figuring "no one is out here". hwat i have seen more times than somebody slaming into another car at the end of the row is turning into another car coming down the other row as it also turns around, i've seen that happen3 times. i've seen a car hit a car parked at the end only once. what i've seen countless times is runaway carts hitting cars at teh end of the parking lots.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

and a nice little ticket under the wiper when you get back

For what?

Parking at the mall, or Wal-Mart is on private property. You can get a ticket for parking funny at these places.

An ex-g/f of mine took my car to the mall one day with her friend. When she same out there was a ticket type paper on the windshield from mall security. When she got home she laid in to me for telling her to park my car taking up two spots. I called mall security and chewed them a new one. I told them IF they were will to pay any repair bills on my car I'd be happy to park any way they wanted. And if that wasn't good enough for them then they could make the monthlies on the car and again I'd park any way they wanted me to.

Until such time they better not stick any more "Tickets" on my car, ever!!!

Quick Reply: Where do you park?