General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Where do you park?

Where do you park your monte when at work, school, the mall, etc ...?

I thought i would ask this becasue i am one of those people that do not trust any one to walk next to my car or park next to it. so when i am at school(high school) i park at the very last spot possible a good 15 spots away from any one else.

For example one of my friends thought it would be funny to park next to me.
not that funny!!!
he drives an old ford pick up thats stick so when i get out to my car i look over and see his door is not locked.
So i open it release the E-brake and push it 3 rows down (it was down hill it just rolled) and then parked it and drove away.

He doesn't park next to me anymore

Old 09-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Where do you park?

i'm generally where the cars start to thin out @ the back, not way out in the middle of no where cuz your just asking for it there...but usually where the cars start to thin out in the parking lot

Old 09-17-2007, 06:18 PM

walmart i park behind the building away from every1, work i park inside the shop, if i goto someplace like the mall ill take another vehicle. but anywhere i go i park as far away from everyone else as possible AND if someone parks close to me i leave em a nice note and if i notice a ding or something in my car from a door hitting it i key the f**k outta their car then leave them a note on their windshield

Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM

I try to either park next to another nice car if possible, nice cars usually don't ding people. If not, and I have to park next to someone then I see if I can park on a passenger side due to the fact that the passenger doors arn't always used, but the driver door is always opened.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I park far away from everyone also.

There is someone who likes to park next to you no matter if you are a mile away.

If I have to park close, I do not park in "compact only" spots.

If I have to park close, I also try to park next to a very nice, undinged car.

I try to park between 2 compacts with very small doors that don't swing out too much.

Parking spots with double border lines work very well.

Never, ever do I park between or next to pick-up trucks or SUV's.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:33 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

anywhere but school, i park with other cars, the first halfway spot between the store and the end of hte lot i cna find. i have seen people begin getting careless and not paying attention when they turn around at the end of the rows, plus runaway carts tend to nail you when you park too far out. i figure the best thing to do is parking near other cars, but not so close to the front so that they just fill up every place available when it comes available. that way, i have "shields", people are still paying some attention to the cars around them, and i don't have to walk quite as far either.

at school, i try to park at teh end of the row and on the edge of the parking spot to keep others away from my car, but also, sense the parking spots were measured out for compact cars, and all teh people at my school are pick up driving rednecks, it helps out a bit. there are actually a couple of more cars than there are spots in a couple of lots, so they are all really full. i park in what they clal the back lot because its closer to my last class of the day. its only given to people who have an early release schedule, so the lot is used by studnets who eitehr come in late or leave early. i'm there all day, but being in the computer class and fixing the lady's in teh office's computer has its advantages

Old 09-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

(In my best stoner-dude voice) Where do I park? Outside![sm=smokin.gif]

Seriously... I generally do the same as Josh (wiz kidd) when ever possible. In small parking lots (less than 20 spots), I try to park between the nicest cars there. Less likely to bang their door into ya.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 PM

wait.... you mean you guys drive your cars?

Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Usually in the back Forty, the spot next to the most empy cart-return spot as possible. At a big box store anyways.. I never park at the mall, and at work, I park in the spot that could be for two cars... because there's no lines, noone can complain.

Heh.. the one thing I don't do on a lined lot? Park next to old cars, or two doors (like other montes []) Simply because the bigger the door, the worse the risk. I was once sitting in my car looking at a movie listing, and this chick next to me just SLAMMED my car with her door... Then she tried to walk away like nothing happen... oh **** did I rip into her... got her insurance card and made her cry. I mean... It's almost like she did it on purpose... she parked as close to my car as she could, there was 3 feet on the other side of her spot.

Oh, and any SUVs or Crossovers with anything other than a gun rack. Because there'll be some dumb houswife driving it that doesn't know what a turn signal. or a 3 point turn is.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:27 PM

i also park in an end spot and hug the outside curb/line. i hate door dings.and the car has gone through enough with the hail damage that it got 5 months ago.

funny how many of us do this. goes to show that MC owners don't mess around when it comes to keeping a car in good shape.

Quick Reply: Where do you park?