General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Default RE: Where do you park?

I park usually at the end of rows at the mall and walk - can always use the excersise. At work I park by the corners of the building where the security cameras are.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 AM

I park away from shopping karts those are far worse than any other car in the lot I already got hit by one of those ... I work at home depot so we have these big heavy pipe carts and flat karts those will do more damage than any door ever could if one was to get loose and go slamming into someones car ..

Old 09-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

In the last two parking spaces in the lot, and I do angle my car across two spaces, but typically, I amthe only car out that far.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:32 AM

lol when i go to walmart .... i park at the end of the parking lot where no one else parks an no one wants to park that far away ..lol i hate shopping karts and i hate it when people are so inconsiderate an just leaves the karts beside your car ..

Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM

park sideways as not to let anyone close to my monte

Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I tend to park as far away from other's as possible.

I don't drive the Monte(s) to the mall, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or any other mart. I don't park near SUVs, vans, or pickups. To me one of the best places to park is right next to the cart returns cause no one uses them.

If I have no choice but the drive one of the Montes to the stroe, I stay with the car and my g/f goes inside.

wait.... you mean you guys drive your cars?

Not me.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: couch

i also park in an end spot and hug the outside curb/line. i hate door dings.and the car has gone through enough with the hail damage that it got 5 months ago.

funny how many of us do this. goes to show that MC owners don't mess around when it comes to keeping a car in good shape.
Every Saturday I work at a Baseball Card and Collectible show and I try to park at the final curb/line as you mentioned.

Parking is at a premium there. I'd have to park several blocks away in an unsecured area to be free of other cars.

It never fails that the closer I park to the end curb, the more the car next to me parks over the white line.

I would love to kick in their door, but I just do it in my imagination.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 PM

My Monte hardly goes anywhere since I got my wife the Cobalt......
I do drive it to work, I normally always park next to the main gate and
I will get it close to the curb as possible. That makes that one space 1 1/2 spaces

Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'm telling you guys, a run away cart is going to nail you one day.... you park too far out, and ironically enough, somebody isn't paying attention when they turn around to go back up the other row, or a runaway cart gets you. park halfway close where there are about 2-3 cars between most spots and you'll be fine.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 PM

I always park in the hinterland,regardless of where I happen to be. Anyone who does otherwise is going to get dinged - sooner or later.

Quick Reply: Where do you park?