General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What is best speakers to replace stock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What is best speakers to replace stock?

I want to get new speakers, these stock ones are crap(door ones blown already). I want great sound but not at a huge price. Anyone have the specs on the Jr. Edition sound system? Does it really kick that much more? If I find the 4 Jr. speakers and amp, would it be able to be set up in my Supercharged SS? Or just get 4 new aftermarket ones? I see on ebay they sell the connector adaptors. How good is my stock amp? I don't have the money for one of those fancy set-ups that take up the trunk.

Lisa

Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Montelicious
I want to get new speakers, these stock ones are crap(door ones blown already). I want great sound but not at a huge price. Anyone have the specs on the Jr. Edition sound system? Does it really kick that much more? If I find the 4 Jr. speakers and amp, would it be able to be set up in my Supercharged SS? Or just get 4 new aftermarket ones? I see on ebay they sell the connector adaptors. How good is my stock amp? I don't have the money for one of those fancy set-ups that take up the trunk.

Lisa
There is no best. What's your budget for these new speakers? Factory amp is garbage, you'd be better off getting a new head unit cause they put out as much power as the factory amp does, and you'd get better sound quality/features/functionality/performance from your aftermarket speakers. If I told you that you could have a decently loud system that has a little thump in it too while taking up about as much space in your trunk as a basketball, would you be interested?

Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sure.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Sure.
So give me a budget and let me see what I can come up with for you. I promise the space taken up in the trunk will be very little!