General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Well it's been over 10 Years!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Well it's been over 10 Years!

I had to go back, reset password and jump back into this forum. I checked the last post I made and it was 03/2011. Well the Monte I had went off to greener pastures on a trade in, but I started to get the fever again,looking for another one about a month ago. I will say the old Monte I had was just a great car and never really let me down. Unfortunately around the time I quit posting, my sister in Texas had cancer and eventually passed. That life, but I will say I made 6 trips to Odessa, TX from Georgia with the Monte for a total of 2500 miles RT each trip and the car was flawless over the 15K total miles.

So getting back I have checked all around the country and there are still some nice low mileage Monte's out there. I haven't decided 100% yet of the year model, but it will either be a black SS Supercharged 2004, or a 2006-2007 SS in either black, or Jewel Tint Red with stripes. There is a 9K mile 2004 Intimidator up in Kentucky and they started out at $19,500, down to $16,500 in two months. Not sure if they will go any lower, but I did send them a note last night inquiring about the fees. Not sure if the link below will work, but if it does tell me what you think. It's been a long time since I priced cars that were this old, but if you see this post let me know what you think about this car.

Thanks in advance and I will keep posting as time allows and certainly update when I get another Monte.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=283228823

Old 11-22-2020, 11:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by odessadude
I had to go back, reset password and jump back into this forum. I checked the last post I made and it was 03/2011. Well the Monte I had went off to greener pastures on a trade in, but I started to get the fever again,looking for another one about a month ago. I will say the old Monte I had was just a great car and never really let me down. Unfortunately around the time I quit posting, my sister in Texas had cancer and eventually passed. That life, but I will say I made 6 trips to Odessa, TX from Georgia with the Monte for a total of 2500 miles RT each trip and the car was flawless over the 15K total miles.

So getting back I have checked all around the country and there are still some nice low mileage Monte's out there. I haven't decided 100% yet of the year model, but it will either be a black SS Supercharged 2004, or a 2006-2007 SS in either black, or Jewel Tint Red with stripes. There is a 9K mile 2004 Intimidator up in Kentucky and they started out at $19,500, down to $16,500 in two months. Not sure if they will go any lower, but I did send them a note last night inquiring about the fees. Not sure if the link below will work, but if it does tell me what you think. It's been a long time since I priced cars that were this old, but if you see this post let me know what you think about this car.

Thanks in advance and I will keep posting as time allows and certainly update when I get another Monte.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=283228823

Some one had a Yellow pace car recently that had low miles too and they wanted around 10K for it. it was in Arizona if I recall. Unfortunately the later Monte Carlo doesn't seem to retain an upward collector cost unless they are sold on one of the Auctions like B-J or Mec. even with low miles.
Some of the reasons are the front wheel drive cars just don't have the appeal.
With the racing community not using these cars any longer the Auto makers are concentrating on SUV's and trks.
Now I heard that the Camaro will be discontinued in a couple of years not sure if that is fact or not?

Old 01-16-2021, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I waited till it came down to my price and purchased it on Tuesday. Had the transport company deliver it at 7:00 this morning. It is a fantastic example and probably one of the best remaining. I took it to the car wash, sprayed it off and came back home and detailed it. I put 10 miles on it back and forth to the car wash. The weather stinks today, so I guess I'll cover it up and wait for better days.

Last edited by odessadude; 01-16-2021 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Spell Check did not work, fixed word
Old 01-17-2021, 08:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by odessadude

Well I waited till it came down to my price and purchased it on Tuesday. Had the transport company deliver it at 7:00 this morning. It is a fantastic example and probably one of the best remaining. I took it to the car wash, sprayed it off and came back home and detailed it. I put 10 miles on it back and forth to the car wash. The weather stinks today, so I guess I'll cover it up and wait for better days.
Congrats on you purchase. Looks like a good one. For sure. Now you will be finding things you want to upgrade, the list is endless. Lol

Old 01-17-2021, 09:45 AM

Im not jealous! Youre jealous!