General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Weird ad for late-model MC recently seen.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Default Weird ad for late-model MC recently seen.

Within the past month, I saw an internet ad with one of the major internet auto advertisers showing a 44K-mile, white on black cloth, clean CarFax'ed and unmodded '07 Monte for sale at a New England Chrysler dealer for only....$9,650. The car was a rental-spec LS-trim model without even OnStar aboard, but...that price. Huh?!

Is this a case of a dealer unfamiliar with Chevys who doesn't know what a gem he has, or are they losing value that fast? I'm inclined to believe the former and not the latter. I don't think it was a misprint either.

The ad has since been taken down. Must have been a quick sale. Somebody got a LOT of car for very little money.

-M

Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

A SS goes for 15k around here so that would be about right for a LS base

Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

10 sounds about right to me. Depending on the body, I'd say it could be anywhere from 12k to 9k.

I would think North Carolina price would be a little different though--people in the midwest seem to be more likely to buy domestic than import (not all the time but most of), which is why dealerships around here will give you more for your trade in if it's from gm, ford, or dodge. On the coast could be a different story...

Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jester_20
10 sounds about right to me. Depending on the body, I'd say it could be anywhere from 12k to 9k.

I would think North Carolina price would be a little different though--people in the midwest seem to be more likely to buy domestic than import (not all the time but most of), which is why dealerships around here will give you more for your trade in if it's from gm, ford, or dodge. On the coast could be a different story...
I hear you. I took a 1+ week trip out to Portland Oregon this past summer, and every sixth car was a Subaru of some kind. Blew my mind. Domestics are just -not- on the radar out there, and the trade-in value must suffer accordingly. -M

Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know it's hard to believe, but some locations have trouble moving these cars. So many factors go into car sales (such as are people looking for real high MPG, what car size, and so on).

My Monte was clearly having trouble selling. It was taken in on trade at a dealer in Buffalo NY, they had it for a while, could not move it, then a wholesaler got it, could not move it, tried eBay, still no luck.
I made a deal with the wholesaler out of the auction. I am sure he got a good deal (and best of all, he was done with selling the car). He even met me half way (which was Erie PA). I scored a '04 Monte SS loaded with sun roof, 52,000 miles in September of '08 for $9000. Back then, when I was shopping for a Monte, I'd be lucky to find an '02 with 70,000 miles for $11,000-$12,000.

OH and whatever dealership was trying to sell my Monte must've used those dorky window flags.... Some of the upper driver side window trim is pressed into a position indicating it had something there.