General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sold the monte...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
Default Sold the monte...

I couldn't take all the problems anymore, and seeing how I just accepted a position in DC, I couldn't take the risk of my car breaking down going through the city. So I took it to the dealership, quickly turned off the check engine light, and traded it in. I got ripped off (in my eyes).. only 3500.. but I took what I could get for a down payment on another car. Ended up getting an 02 explorer.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Ouch, for an explorer? that's a down trade and not an upgrade in my eyes.

Good luck with the job and the explorer.
Did you get a warranty for it btw?

Old 11-06-2010, 07:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hey. A man's got to do. What a man's got to do. Good luck

Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Hope the exploder works better for you, def don't want to break down in DC.
Don't be a stranger and gluck with the new job.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Luck with the new job and the new-to-you Explorer. Did you de-mod anything on the Monte before you traded it? Probably could've made a couple extra bucks selling some of the mods separately.

Definitely don't be a stranger! We're always glad to hear from you.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by kschmidt319
I couldn't take all the problems anymore, and seeing how I just accepted a position in DC, I couldn't take the risk of my car breaking down going through the city. So I took it to the dealership, quickly turned off the check engine light, and traded it in. I got ripped off (in my eyes).. only 3500.. but I took what I could get for a down payment on another car. Ended up getting an 02 explorer.
I find it very hypocritical that you claim that you got "ripped off" when you admit that you turned off the "CEL"

What was it you were trying to do to the dealership?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:36 AM

i am sorry that you had problems with your monte that you had to trade it in for some thing for payments. i am sorry to hear that but at least on the bright side you dont have to worrie about issues about breakin down any more.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Sorry you sold the Monte, but i'm with Jomao on this one, i feel that you really downgraded yourself with the EXPLODER.

My sister had an EXPLODER and she went thru so many trans, that she ended up trading it for an AVEO. It was a lot slower, but it never broke down on here.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 PM

I was reading on the impala forums, yeah figure; they may be bias some what but majority all said the same thing. Nothing but tranny problems and huge gas guzzlers.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by davidk67
I find it very hypocritical that you claim that you got "ripped off" when you admit that you turned off the "CEL"

What was it you were trying to do to the dealership?
The CEL was due to the cat... that isn't there anymore. Anybody who looks under the car can see that's modified.. I don't particularly care for what you find hypocritical, as you were not there. It was very obvious when I pulled up, that the car was not stock. He even made a comment about having to do work on it to get it to pass inspection. Plus the guy told me he didn't care what I did to the car, because he shouldn't have a problem selling it. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of the aftermarket stuff. Probably should have. I wanted an SUV because I was tired of driving over steel plates on Pennsylvania Ave that made me feel like I was driving over a mountain. Also, I coach little league baseball during the spring, and it was challenging trying to fit a bunch of kids into the back seat of a Monte Carlo safely. The previous owner left all of the service receipts, and it appears he kept pretty good care of it. The dealership pulled the car fax as well, which came back clean. It has rather high miles, and they added 1500 dollars on the price tag versus the one they had online because the online price is for cash only apparently. Either way, I felt like the price of the explorer should have been lower, and the price for my monte should have been higher.. but it is what it is, no going back now.