General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The unthinkable... My Monte is sold.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Well thats good news. Please if the new owner is comfortable with it, share updates. I would love to see what he does with that setup. That CSC setup always stuck out to me.
I think it's safe to say now, because he posted on social media. Jason (The_Maniac) was the one that actually took ownership. He actually bought the car from me in June and it just took some time to get transport out here for him to get the car home to him in Ohio.

Eventually the CSC will find his way over to his blue Monte

Old 07-23-2021, 12:18 PM

Oh nice, thats cool.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Lots of things going on (a new house was some of it).
As Mike said just a little bit ago, I am now the new owner of his insanely well cared for Monte Carlo. Some of the silence on me buying this was to spring a prank on a local friend leveraging this car.
I am thrilled to have the car and eventually migrate that Novi Paxton to my 2004 Blue Monte... But I am equally as frustrated around all the circumstances surrounding why Mike made a heavy hearted decision to part ways with the car. Soon I will put the car on a drive on 4 post lift and take a very serious look underneath, but what I can tell you before I do that, we have cars in FAR worse shape in Ohio (and all that matters is a ridiculous emissions check in only SEVEN Ohio counties (no safety check of any kind). I hope that perhaps I might be able to right some of the rust issues on the car so it can eventually be worthy of an Ohio Historical Plate and be considered a "survivor" car. I see NO reason this car needs parted out or removed from the road at this time.

His 2000 Monte is STILL turning heads. All the friends and family who have seen it since I received it this past Sunday have been amazed that the car looks that good and has over 200k miles. The random guy who did the out-of-state VIN inspection (which I feel is a complete joke) was amazed, then when I started the car to drive away, the rumble of the exhaust had him turn around look and give me a thumbs up! All things I attribute to what mike had done to mod the car and keep it as clean as he could (which during it's days as a daily driver are NOT always so easy to do).