General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bye bye Monte... (sold)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 04:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Bye bye Monte... (sold)

The saga of my Monte and I is over, so far as I know.

I purchased the car for $9,500 in Raleigh, NC on March 17, 2007. It's been a wonderful 6 years and 9 months. She served me well, always got me there.... it really only had regular maintence issues.

But time goes by, and time brings changes. I decided I wanted an upgrade and bought the 2013 Mustang in November of 2013. The Monte had been for sale ever since.

It was sold yesterday afternoon for $3,900.

It's not a good shot, but here is a shot of the car leaving the driveway last night, for the last time...

I decided to make this thread in rememberance of the years with the car. I went through my photobucket.... and here are a few pictures from the years...

A really good picture of it cleaned up at my high school, where I now teach... at the time, I was a student.

A picture of a signature a member called "Black Attack" whose name was Craig made for me years ago when I was going to college to be a pastor.

A picture from the day it came home... my neices were very small at the time nad wanted to see.... I guess they were 3 and 2. Later on when they were 6-7 years old or so, tehy REALLY loved teh sunroof.

Name:  firstday.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  78.4 KB

Hope you enjoyed the reminiscing!

Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the sale.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Looks like you had some pretty cool memories with it...

Glad you were ok with selling it...and Congrats!
Question is Duane.... Is there anything in your future plans to purchase another Monte carlo?

Old 01-08-2014, 05:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And its official - you are an all Ford guy now Duane.

To me, it is sad selling a car. I've almost never done it - cars usually come to me to die (they will be with me until they go to the wreckers). I've never really sold a car privately, but it looks like you got a decent chunk of $ for the Monte. I sold my '86 K-car to my brother, but I had only owned it for 6 weeks and sold it for exactly what I paid (K-cars are such POS's and I just couldn't bear owning that car anymore, even tho it was in great shape and only had 30,000 kms on it). And I traded my 04 Volvo V70 in recently. I hated both those cars, but every other one I owned I developed a strong bond with and loved the cars like family. I had a Regal GS that I couldn't bear to sell, so I gave it to a good friend - somehow that felt better than selling it. And my '86 Prelude I simply abandoned at an apartment building when I moved away from there because I couldn't bring myself to sell it.

I'm pretty darn sure that I will never sell my MonteCarlo. I've never had a car define my life like it has. It is also a token of love from my wife - kinda like a wedding band. It's way more than a car to me.

We all owe your car one Duane. Without it, we never would have met you. So it's sad to see it go too...

Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM

5 Year Member

Sweet sentiments, Brent. I really didn't miss it for a few months unitl I started putting together these pictures. For the past month or so it had been, "bleeping this" and "bleeping that." I had scratched the paint on the bumper and had to repaint it, then I had to put a turn signal cam and a hazard light switch in it....... was glad to see it go and get the money til I put together the pictures. But I'll get by. I've sent a truck to the crusher. A Ford at that!

Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Hopefully it went to a great home

Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I've put a few cars in the wrecker. I don't know why, but that does hurt me the same. I miss the cars, but it is kind of like when somebody dies - its just a part of life. All our cars will be there one day. But when you sell a car, it feels more like you give up on it for monetary exchange. You wouldn't sell, say, a pet dog because he was old and tired.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you feel bad about it Duane. I'm just expressing what a weirdo I am

Old 01-08-2014, 06:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Duane, it's the end of a Monte era for you. But, who knows what the future of cars will bring you. At least you had some good times with your Monte. Thanks for sharing some pics. Surprised there weren't some pics of your Monte re-paint project.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:30 PM

5 Year Member

There were a lot of good times...

Old 01-08-2014, 08:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Congrats Duane - I kinda felt the same way when I sold my 05 SS for my 13 Mustang. I still would love to own another one.

Quick Reply: Bye bye Monte... (sold)