General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The unthinkable... My Monte is sold.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 03:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The unthinkable... My Monte is sold.

The day that I never thought would happen, just happened.

The rust on my car got to be too much, and it was time to part ways with the car that brought me so much joy, has made me so many friends, and has brought me to this amazing community. After 21 years of ownership, it is currently on its way to a new owner, who will hopefully show it just as much love as I have.

I will still be around here, I don't think I'd ever walk away from the community... but I don't see myself getting another Monte Carlo. Going to take the time to build my 2012 Camaro SS now, and make that thing a beast like I did with this car.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

You took your Monte to its apex, that's good enough Mike. 6th / 7th gen. Montes are not so easily done, they break and stumble at every new mod you make to them. Then finally after driving you crazy and into insolvency they come into their own, your own special Monte. You gave it a great run, believe you are the only Monte with your engine setup. So rare I forget how it was called, clue us in again. Tough call you had to make, selling it off and all. A new page turns, don't let the Camaro with all the aftermarket support grab a hold of your money to very much, hopefully your marriage is strong enough to let you still battle with cars and their accompanying madness. Adios, and another ones gone and another ones gone, another one bites the dust... TAZ, Turbo Monte, now you and numerous others. Everything in its own time... for all your help over the years, you have an immense amount of irreplaceable knowledge.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:52 AM

Did you have it for sale somewhere? Was it like a "selling to friend" kinda thing? The one with the CSC, correct? Any known plans from the new owner? You had a nice one, thats for sure.

Last edited by wht02monte; 07-17-2021 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:46 PM

That's definitely sad to see!

Did you part out any of the big stuff or sell it whole?

Old 07-18-2021, 12:33 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
You took your Monte to its apex, that's good enough Mike. 6th / 7th gen. Montes are not so easily done, they break and stumble at every new mod you make to them. Then finally after driving you crazy and into insolvency they come into their own, your own special Monte. You gave it a great run, believe you are the only Monte with your engine setup. So rare I forget how it was called, clue us in again. Tough call you had to make, selling it off and all. A new page turns, don't let the Camaro with all the aftermarket support grab a hold of your money to very much, hopefully your marriage is strong enough to let you still battle with cars and their accompanying madness. Adios, and another ones gone and another ones gone, another one bites the dust... TAZ, Turbo Monte, now you and numerous others. Everything in its own time... for all your help over the years, you have an immense amount of irreplaceable knowledge.
Thanks! It was great meeting you at Carlisle that one year as well. It was a CSC build using a Paxton Novi 1000. I won't go too crazy with the Camaro, just going to get headers/cam/etc and do a mild NA build to enjoy

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Did you have it for sale somewhere? Was it like a "selling to friend" kinda thing? The one with the CSC, correct? Any known plans from the new owner? You had a nice one, thats for sure.
Someone I was talking to for a little while about things. I never officially listed it for sale anywhere public.

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
That's definitely sad to see!

Did you part out any of the big stuff or sell it whole?
Whole car went to an enthusiast. I look forward to seeing what is done with it!

Old 07-18-2021, 01:25 PM

Well thats good news. Please if the new owner is comfortable with it, share updates. I would love to see what he does with that setup. That CSC setup always stuck out to me.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Still a beautiful car.
I am sorry that I didn't keep my Chevelle that I had back in the day. I wish I had it today. But yesterday was at a Carshow and saw a few of them for sale. so maybe I can get me one again.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Sorry to see it go man. You definitely had one of my favorite 6th gens.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:26 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Sorry to see it go man. You definitely had one of my favorite 6th gens.
Thanks man. I always respected your 5th gen build from the MyMonte days. That whole crew had such a great set of rides.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Thanks man. I always respected your 5th gen build from the MyMonte days. That whole crew had such a great set of rides.
Yes sir. I appreciate it Mike, the good old days were full of sweet Montes, only a couple of CSC 3800's though. She will be missed!

Quick Reply: The unthinkable... My Monte is sold.