General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

U-bend delete???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

lol yeah that sucks but you're car also has a lot of miles on it. when did you have to replace it? and i know that monte carlos are famous for their transmission problems once they get older so i'm most def expecting it one day and my dad specializes in transmissions so maybe i'll get a break there lol

Old 11-06-2009, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ummm I started noticing the problems at about 130,000...

I finally did it earlier this year about 155,000 when I took my tax return and spent it on the car. I hated driving while it had the transmission problems, but it was just too expensive to fix at the time. (let me tell you, how much FUN I had the night I was dropping my car off haha)

Old 11-06-2009, 05:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keep in mind that is a general list, and you can stray from the bottom few items, but generally, that's the order you are going to mod in. A cam is better than rockers, but way more work, also. Besides, what are you going to do with all that HP? I'm at about 315 hp (stock is 240), and that is PLENTY of power! IF you're going to start running it at the 1/4 (ask Daddy 1st), I'd plan on dropping the 3 grand right up front for a race tranny. Otherwise, as Haywood Banks says, YA TOAST! A 13-14 second Monte is PLENTY fast on the street.
Do the fenderwell intake and the U-bend delete.
BTW, I'm considering coming up with my own design of a CAI/fenderwell system. I think there is room for improvement out there, and for the $300 some of these are, for $100-150 (or less), I could put together I nice little system, I believe.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:51 PM

Hey Mike, i'll ask here and not make another thread,

What causes Engine Knock? and if my engine has it, how do i go about getting rid of it, if possible? what will it sound/or feel like if i do have engine knock.

I am only asking because its all new to me, and i did buy this car used.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the link.
ahh see, being a member has its perks.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Ummm I started noticing the problems at about 130,000...
Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep

I finally did it earlier this year about 155,000 when I took my tax return and spent it on the car. I hated driving while it had the transmission problems, but it was just too expensive to fix at the time. (let me tell you, how much FUN I had the night I was dropping my car off haha)

Ha oh I bet you had loads of fun! Lol so 130,000 well my car is like 500 miles shy of 37,000 so I think I got a lil bit more time before I have to worry about anything that serious,,,hopefully!

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Keep in mind that is a general list, and you can stray from the bottom few items, but generally, that's the order you are going to mod in. A cam is better than rockers, but way more work, also. Besides, what are you going to do with all that HP? I'm at about 315 hp (stock is 240), and that is PLENTY of power! IF you're going to start running it at the 1/4 (ask Daddy 1st), I'd plan on dropping the 3 grand right up front for a race tranny. Otherwise, as Haywood Banks says, YA TOAST! A 13-14 second Monte is PLENTY fast on the street.
Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Do the fenderwell intake and the U-bend delete.
BTW, I'm considering coming up with my own design of a CAI/fenderwell system. I think there is room for improvement out there, and for the $300 some of these are, for $100-150 (or less), I could put together I nice little system, I believe.

I was actually thinking about changing the cam but I hadn’t decided yet. Ha idk, brag about it LOL! I’ll show those D-bags at the car meets down by the beach what a monte carlo can do. I swear if only they knew. That’s one reason why I’m gonna save up for a 86 so I can modify the hell outta it and take it to Bayfront and be like “oh wait, what were you saying about monte carlos being slow?????” gosh that would be amazing! But this car is all I got right now so I really just want to try to make it into the 13s on the ¼. Right now it’s getting 15s. Ha he already knows that I’ve raced it before, he just told me not to let my mom find out and to make sure that I take care of it and besides I wouldn’t do it all of the time, just once in a while. I don’t wanna wear the car down since I’m planning on keeping it for as long as I possibly can. Well I don’t think I would go to having my dad build a race tranny for me, he wouldn’t do it for this car, he would tell me to save my money for a older one. He use to have lots of them, and other muscle cars, whenever he was in his street racing days back in Saint Louis.
Okay fenderwell and then the U-bend and then the mufflers? Bcuz I most def want to get the mufflers by summertime hopefully.
Really? Well tell me how it goes bcuz if yours are gonna be only like 200, and I don’t have any time to build one myself, I may just buy one from you lol