General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

steering shafts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default steering shafts

I know some of you have had them replaced etc... but was wondering if anyone here is a mechanic on GM cars that can tell me if the new impallas shaft would work in our cars?

i was talking to the service manager today he said they took the shaft in the new impala and did a rewark on it it has a rubber groment in it to prevent the issues were having with our cars . and also to help retain the grese that is in there.

but to make you all feel better the new cadilac STS is haveing the same issues and when i didnt belive him he took me for a ride in one and you think yours sounds bad? belive me it is nothing in comparison. this thing sounded as if the whole front end was goign to fall apart on it any time you hit a bump in the road.

so i guess to a point i feel better knowifn tha tour as better then thiers are but if you could retro a impala version in ther eit would be a cure for the issue all to geather. HELLO GM YA EVER THINK OF RE DOING THE MONTE CARLOS OR OTHERS THE SAME WAY???????