General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Stealerships

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Default Stealerships

Someone asked a while back why people call dealerships STEALERSHIPS.
While I was waiting on my Monte today I got to hear the reasaon why people call them STEALERSHIPS

There was this lady she owns a late 90's Buick, She came into the dealership today because she was having a brake issue problem

The pedal was going to the floor.
Anyways after sitting there (the lady) since 7:30 am, the service adivsor came to her around 2 hours later, told her that she needed rear wheel cylinders and rear brake shoes (ok that much I agree with, pedal goes to the floor, fluid has to be leaking somewhere). He explains to her since the cylinders have not been leaking to long they do not need to replace the drums. He also told her that the tech checked the front brakes out and since the front brakes have been stopping the car since the rear brake cylinders have been leaking they should be replaced as well since it showed signs of heat.

He quoted her just to do the rear brakes, mind you they are only replacing the shoes and wheel cylinders, NOTHING ELSE...... its going to cost her $750.00. If she wanted the front brakes done the total cost is $1200.00

After she agreed to pay for this. SORRY AN OLDER LADY SHOULD NEVER TAKE HER CAR TO GET WORKED ON.
The service advisor turns around and tells her in the near future you need to have the brake system flushed out. This will cost you another $200.00

I which I could have told her how much the dealer just took her to the bank.... I really felt sorry for her.....

BUT THIS IS THE REASON WHY I DONT DEAL WITH DEALER OK STEALERSHIPS.......
TOTALLY UNBELIEVEABLE.......

Old 03-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Default RE: Stealerships

Well they are NOT all this way. My dealership is excellent. I get parts at wholesale! Yes WHOLESALE. Now not every dealer is this way and I am dealing with the parts manager which is awesome to me. Just not all of them are this way. But I do hate to hear about ones that are.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It burns me up when I hear of people being taken advantage of.

Someone needs to report this dealer to the Attorney General of that state.

Unless the front pads/rotors are worn excessively from this car being stopped by them I doubt the front brakes needed work at all. If there was an issue with too much heat the rotors can be turned as well as the pads can be re-surfaced as long as they still have the material left to do so.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

The guy in front of me was paying for an oil change for his GMC at our dealership. When the cashier said $36.97, I nearly gagged.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Back in the 80's I worked at a car wash.A little old lady came in every week to get her 72 chevelle sedan washed.One day she came in and asked us to look at the parts she had on the rear floor.She said the dealer just charged her like $400 to replace those parts and she wondered if we knew what they were.It was a burned clutch and pressure plate.............but her Chevelle was a powerglide AUTOMATIC!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:13 PM

I think for 1200 bucks they would have at least kissed her......
They should have thrown in the brake flush for free since they have to bleed the brakes.....

Heres another good one.
The dealership had a sells lady to come into the waiting room. They asked her if she wanted traded in her car now that she is getting it fixed......

The same lady came to me asked what I was doing there. Told her that I am getting my remotes fixed on my 06 LTZ Monte Carlo. She goes you know they are going to stop making them this year. Would you like to buy an 07 LTZ Monte.....

I told her she needs to learn her job. Told her that they dont make on 07 LTZ Monte and if so I would buy it from her. She took me out to the car.......

it was AN 07 LTZ IMPALA........ what a sells lady............

Old 03-27-2007, 04:44 PM

[align=center]Hi Michael - Mrrench -[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:@]It made me sad to read your post. [X(][/align][align=center]HasAmerican business owners Sold their Integrity for Profit ?[/align][align=center][:@]There sure are many report's of rip - offs : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Many T.V. Stations now have Consumer Report Investigator's[/align][align=center]that report abuse by dealerships & business, but I believe[/align][align=center]they are only hitting the tip of the iceberg : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm thankful that I have an honest dealer to go to,[/align][align=center]but like Cain45, I don't get my parts at wholesale : ([/align][align=center](I wonder how : ) ?[/align][align=center]I understand that they have overhead & competition with [/align][align=center]other automotive companies.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I believe what I've been taught:[/align][align=center]"A person (dealership) is only as good or bad as the actions[/align][align=center]of their words." I think this philosophy has been lost by many in today's[/align][align=center]business/personal world : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below are some interesting links that cover the above subjects:[/align][align=center]Check them out.[/align][align=center]CarBuyingTips.com 8th Annual
Top 10 Car Dealer ScamsĀ© 2006
Your Host: Jeff Ostroff

We've been reporting car buying scams since 1996. This is our 8th annual list of the "Top 10 Car Dealer Scams" you'll likely encounter, based on our research from 10,000+ visitors daily. We receive complaints and compile this list based on currently running scams at some car dealers. Most dealers are honest, so this Top 10 list deals is about dishonest car dealers. You're an ostrich with your head buried in the sand if you think there are no bad salespeople out there. W

Old 03-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: cain45

. I get parts at wholesale! Yes WHOLESALE.
yes, but what your forgeting is what the dealer says is wholesale is still about 200% more than buying it from an aftermarket place...

i keep saying this time and time again...if you DONT HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THEM...DONT TAKE IT TO THEM!!! they're just there to rip you off!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

1200 bucks on parts that cost less than 100 bucks for everything...i wish i could make that much money on parts..would be able to close for the day after 1 sale!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd
ORIGINAL: cain45

I get parts at wholesale! Yes WHOLESALE.
yes, but what your forgeting is what the dealer says is wholesale is still about 200% more than buying it from an aftermarket place...

i keep saying this time and time again...if you DONT HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THEM...DONT TAKE IT TO THEM!!! they're just there to rip you off!
[hr]

MCF MEMBERS.....SPREAD THE WORD
Thanks, Mod Wiz Kidd