General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Squeaky Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Default Squeaky Brakes

Eversince I got my Monte Carlo, my brakes often squeaked. They don't squeak really loud or that often, but I can still hear them. However, they still work really well. I took it up to the body shop and had them eliminate the squeaking. They cleaned the brakes and applied anti-squeak. They never squeaked again until I washed my car. Now, they're squeaking just like before I took it up to the body shop. Is there any way to avoid or eliminate brake squeaking? Or is it just natural and happens to everbody's car?

Old 10-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Default RE: Squeaky Brakes

yeah not much you can do for squeaky brakes. Even the highest quality pads and rotors are prone and at some point may squeal or emit some noise. Of course with cheap pads and rotors it does happen alot more often and often doesnt stop ever. i put on a set of quality pads on my monte at about 50k and every now and then they squeak, but now i havent heard anything for two months. Thats just the nature of brakes. Not sure what they used to stop them from squealing..it can come from two sources..the pads where they hit and contact the rotor or the pad contacts the caliper. The best...yet very hard to find is MOLY-LUBE. This is the best thing and if applied wont give you a squeak from where the pad contacts the caliper. Its hard stuff to find but its the only thing tat truley works like it should. Alot of people use anti-seeze whick looks alot like molylube but doesnt work as well. Hope this helps.