General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

So what does every1 do to their Monte to get ready for Winter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I drive my 05 through the winter. I have newer tires so I don't have to worry about that. I just use paint sealant to protect the paint, door jams, door seams, fender wells to prevent further rust damage. Since my 03 gets stored at my Dads house, the 05 gets the garage space.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice, lol yeah the stick was nice but the truck overall was in bad shape and back in my senior yr of high school I lived in a trailor court and would go start her at 6 in the morning and with the stacks it was loud, nobody like my truck lol

Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM

don't blame ya there you have 2 good looking montes wish my LS looked that good lol shes getting her dents popped out soon and tinted windows and she will look a lot better then I onyl need a new dash pad and the plastic black piece around the ignition and she wil be fine.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 PM

i do nothing cause i live in FL

it runs so much better in the winter. i love it!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I have driven mine the past 2 winters and I'm looking at getting a winter ride! Has anyone here stored their Monte outside during winter? If so, what have you done and what would be the best for mine? Should I cover it up, it will be parked in my driveway, any suggestions for this way of storing my car would be great. Thanks

Old 08-09-2011, 10:16 PM

I stored my Camaro and my Grand am gt outside in the winter one yr i used a car cover and it was ok it kept the ice off I was suprised and the other year I used a car cover and then put a giant tarp over it and tied the tarp down by using twine tied to the rims kinda ghetto yes but kept it from getting melted snow on it when the snow started melting as far as prep goes i did the same things i am doing for my garage storage but I also went out and shoveld every time it snowed which ebcame a pain in the butt but a good workout. The only dowside I had was the battery went bad on me and I had huge a$$ exhaust tips on my camaro and they rusted out other than that I had no problems I just would prefer having a storage garage this yr

Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 PM

and my suggestion is yes cover it. Its rare but I have had spots rust from snow sitting on it and water from melting snow but very rarely

Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

thanks man, I'm sure when it's not to bad I will take it out for a drive sometimes, but I really wish I had a garage for mine.....

Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 PM

I thought about putting mine in my granparents garage but they have a Harley an F150 an escape and a G5 so they said no this is the first yr I will be getting a storage unit for mine I just prefer it i guess I had no prblems with either of the cars I stored outside except for the exhaust tip rust and the frozen batteries but when my grand am thawed out i charged the battery and all was well, I'm just in the hunt for a storage garage close to where I live because I don't think I could leave it in a nother town and not worry about if it gets broken into, which dosent happen cuz I'm from a small town area but still I'm over protactive about my Monte

Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 PM

also as previously stated fuel stabilizer is ur best friend..I've never had my cars hurt from sitting with old gas but they run a lot better with the stabilizer after being stored than without it

Quick Reply: So what does every1 do to their Monte to get ready for Winter?