General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: What do I do?!
Keep Monte
80.77%
Buy Camaro
19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Should I Sell :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keep the monte!! Camaros are everywhere :p

I bet you have done alot of work to your monte because its soo badass!!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:37 PM

You must keep your monte with all its badass ness it has
Of course i voted yes and always will!!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Get a Camaro, seriously, so much more modding potential, I've sat in a bunch of them and they just feel great and much more 'sports car' like than a Monte Carlo, I still love my car, but if I could get a new Camaro SS for it, I would do it in a heartbeat.

But it's going to be your vehicle, why should we tell you what to do, you'll be the one driving it

Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I voted to keep the Monte, just because your Monte is so awesome.

All of this talk about the common Camaro is pretty silly. Who cares if a few people drive Camaros where you live? Do you know how many Monte Carlos I see beat to crap? Makes that car pretty common. You just have to keep yours clean and it will stand-out. They are common because they look so great!

I think it all comes down to which would you rather Daily Drive? This isn't the choice of which car should I take out anymore, it's your ONLY ride at this point. Would you be 100% comfortable taking a new Camaro out no matter what it is like?

I see you take public, but it's not always the best option in situations.

It really is a lot to think about. I do love the 5th Gens too. I've decided my next car will also be a 5th Gen, but I will get rid of the 4th and keep the Monte.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Hey Scott.

If the Camaro is going to be your only car, I agree with chibi Mike. Camaro is not always going to be ideal. But you seem to be wanting it a lot. And I can understand that. Yes, you did a lot of great work on your Monte, and it's a one of a kind. But your new Camaro would be a blank canvas for you to start a new project.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

the REAL question is.
do you wanna be like everyone else ? i see a camaro every 12 seconds im on the road! that car lost its "wow" affect long ago imo.
personally, i want to be different and i wouldnt want a car just ANYONE can walk on a dealership lot and buy it just because they have money. Nobody's going to know youre a Car Enthusiast because theyre just going to assume you wanted one cause it looked neat. The MONTE CARLO on the other hand is a rare breed of car! especially YOURS! i get compliments every other week on mine! people ask me all the time if its a Brand New car. and the LESS of them on the road. the more rare. the more WOW. the more special.

MAKE A SMART CHOICE.
IF you buy a new camaro you say bye bye to the monte carlo forever. and IF you realize you made a mistake (which maybe rare) BUT IF YOU DO, its going to be very hard to find another. But Camaros are always going to be around. (plus id get upset if i saw someone else driving mine on the road. id BE LIKE HEY..!)

i say. instead of making car payments. put money into the monte and make it beast!
not to mention insurance maybe a little crazy?

Last edited by Mr.Monte; 03-19-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 PM

I agree with many here, keep the Monte if you need a Camaro then look to a used older one. Always be a soft spot in my heart for the LT1s. Hated to give mine up, and they still look futuristic today.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
if you need a Camaro then look to a used older one.
See Scott, you should have traded me when I offered my Monte + my Camaro for your Monte

Old 03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cully77
If i buy a classic it's going to be a 70 MC!

But wow, thanks for all the compliments guys.

Arg! This is so hard... I guess its one of those 'good problems' though haha.

edit - oh and yeah, I'm thinking the ZL1 is going to be out of my range lol... not to mention the wait list
Ahhh, good thinking, a classic MC...mmmm....

Real talk though, KEEP IT

Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i sometimes wish i would have bought a gto. but im grateful to have a choice to even have bought one or the other. im gonna payoff the monte and buy a gto when possible. i say do what your heart tells ya too.

Quick Reply: Should I Sell :(