General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: What do I do?!
Keep Monte
80.77%
Buy Camaro
19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Should I Sell :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:47 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM

New Camaros are too small for me. Just buy a wrecked firebird and use its front end, drivetrain, computer, and suspension to make your monte a LS1 RWD Monte. You get to keep your monte and have 400hp rwd manual. To be honest it would probably cost less then buying a new Camaro.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I did trade the Monte in I would put original stuff back on if you still have it and sell your mods like hood and lights. They will give you nothing for them extra. Probably they would rather have it stock anyways. Sell me the hood. Of course cheaply...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
the REAL question is.
do you wanna be like everyone else ? i see a camaro every 12 seconds im on the road! that car lost its "wow" affect long ago imo.
personally, i want to be different and i wouldnt want a car just ANYONE can walk on a dealership lot and buy it just because they have money. Nobody's going to know youre a Car Enthusiast because theyre just going to assume you wanted one cause it looked neat. The MONTE CARLO on the other hand is a rare breed of car! especially YOURS! i get compliments every other week on mine! people ask me all the time if its a Brand New car. and the LESS of them on the road. the more rare. the more WOW. the more special.
Mr. Monte, you took them words right out of my mouth. Keep the MC. Out of all the hundreds of Camaro's I've seen none of them make me even look twice. But if its what you always wanted I would go for it.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a huge fan of the new Camaro's and think that would be a great car choice!

That being said, I would not trade my Monte Carlo for one. I'd regret that everyday for the rest of my life. If you feel as strongly about your Monte Carlo then I suggest you do not trade it in. I think your Monte Carlo is a fantastic Monte Carlo that is probably more unique and in the long run you may miss it the most.

If you can faciltate 2 awesome cars, why not wait until it is financially feasble to buy your dream Camaro when you can afford one without trading the Monte in?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by kingreyna
Mr. Monte, you took them words right out of my mouth. Keep the MC. Out of all the hundreds of Camaro's I've seen none of them make me even look twice. But if its what you always wanted I would go for it.
thanks! i guess Blue Montes think alike!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd keep the Monte and if you want a Camaro find a 3rd gen with the 5.7L - I love those.
Scott, what dealer are you looking at? I'm going to be in the market for a car to replace my 05 SS soon - leaning more towards a Challenger RT Classic but not ruling out a 2LT 45th anniversary Camaro.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, to be honest I truly expected more people to be voting for camaro, I knew that the majority would go MC but I am truly surprised!

You guys are not making this easier haha.

And enough of the uniqueness argument I don't care how many people have one if I enjoy driving it! While there may be a few Camaros on the roads, there really aren't all that many SS's that I see.

Amy, I'm loyal to Stasek in wheeling.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Scott, I wouldn't be worried about how many Camaros are on the road either. That's where customization comes in. And no doubt you will do some kick *** mods on it. What would bother me, is seeing my old car driving around with someone else behind the wheel. But seeing my new ride would help me get over that.

I know you already know this. But definitely demod the Monte as much as possible. The mods don't get you any more money. And often times makes the car harder to sell. Many people don't want to take a chance on a car that someone modded. Unless someone who knows you buys it.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Scott, I wouldn't be worried about how many Camaros are on the road either. That's where customization comes in. And no doubt you will do some kick *** mods on it. What would bother me, is seeing my old car driving around with someone else behind the wheel. But seeing my new ride would help me get over that.

I know you already know this. But definitely demod the Monte as much as possible. The mods don't get you any more money. And often times makes the car harder to sell. Many people don't want to take a chance on a car that someone modded. Unless someone who knows you buys it.
I second that, seeing osmeone else behind the wheel of a previously loved vehicle is hard. Even harder if that person is not taking good care of it. I can't even count how many times I've seen my first dodge in town covered in mud with a spare tire on it and beat to heck with many dents in it. Makes me sad but I know theres nothing ya can do about it.

Quick Reply: Should I Sell :(