General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Should I buy??? Getting discouraged

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 PM

Ok found 6th gen monte within 200 miles of you for your price range prob is the these are all around the 200 mile away mark but found 2 ss.

2000 to 2012 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for Sale in Macomb IL

http://www.lemonfree.com/cars/used-f...2007/range-200

Here is more I found about 10 total
btw this is how I got my monte I am a freak when it comes to finding stuff. I mean I found a company to start a new product for montes i just need more ppl to jump on with me.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 03-28-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 PM

Heres one you could just drive till you graduate then get a nicer one and should leave you with a little extra money

2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3200 obo

Old 03-29-2012, 02:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
Should I check out this 03 pace car he claims the motor has been rebuilt and it has a brand new tranny in it. Is this a good thing or does this show signs of abuse that both are new? Would other things start to go bad now that it has so many miles on the body?
2003 Monte Carlo SS pace car
I say check this one out! If he's got verification from a reputable shop on the newer parts I'd say it's a great price depending on condition. Try to get the vin number or have it checked out. Never hurts to make an offer either. Guy says he doesn't have a garage to keep it in? Who knows what that means.. could just mean he's got a different car that's now garage kept. I say take it for a spin and check out the body/interior conditions.. (if these look good for the miles it should be worth the price with a new engine and trans) If you're looking for something to keep for a while, miles might not be a huge issue seeing how there's a new engine and trans.. but if the body's rough I'd start out pretty low as in $4000.. don't want to offend him but who knows.. Could just be a great deal on a pace car?

If you're having a hard time I'd say just wait it out until you find that one that's perfect for you.. It will come up eventually. Don't need to get back into a Monte this week or month (even though I'm sure you really want to!) There will be plenty of deals on Monte Carlos in the future I bet. So if you look at something and it just doesn't feel like the right one for you, never hurts to walk away and keep looking

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 03-29-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I say check this one out! If he's got verification from a reputable shop on the newer parts I'd say it's a great price depending on condition. Try to get the vin number or have it checked out. Never hurts to make an offer either. Guy says he doesn't have a garage to keep it in? Who knows what that means.. could just mean he's got a different car that's now garage kept. I say take it for a spin and check out the body/interior conditions.. (if these look good for the miles it should be worth the price with a new engine and trans) If you're looking for something to keep for a while, miles might not be a huge issue seeing how there's a new engine and trans.. but if the body's rough I'd start out pretty low as in $4000.. don't want to offend him but who knows.. Could just be a great deal on a pace car?

If you're having a hard time I'd say just wait it out until you find that one that's perfect for you.. It will come up eventually. Don't need to get back into a Monte this week or month (even though I'm sure you really want to!) There will be plenty of deals on Monte Carlos in the future I bet. So if you look at something and it just doesn't feel like the right one for you, never hurts to walk away and keep looking
I talked to the guy he sold it he said but yeah im trying to stay patient even though its killing me to drive my GF cavalier

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Heres one you could just drive till you graduate then get a nicer one and should leave you with a little extra money

2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3200 obo
I might go home this weekend to Chicago and try to get something I see the door looks like its off a shade im guessing its been in a wreck just dont want to drive 4hours for some BS

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
Ok found 6th gen monte within 200 miles of you for your price range prob is the these are all around the 200 mile away mark but found 2 ss.

2000 to 2012 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for Sale in Macomb IL

Used 2000 - 2007 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO in 61455 for Sale Under $5,000 at LemonFree.com

Here is more I found about 10 total
btw this is how I got my monte I am a freak when it comes to finding stuff. I mean I found a company to start a new product for montes i just need more ppl to jump on with me.
I saw your post about the new things for monte a while back a little pricey but might be worth it

Im still looking guys I will not give up