General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Should I buy??? Getting discouraged

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 AM

Dude a Loan is ok man. If your working at least 15 hours a week you can buy gas, make payments, and have insurance. and thats at minimum wage. I spend 250 a month on payment (only need to spend 217), 73 full coverage insurance through gieco, and 250 a month on gas if I low ball it. You wont drive an average of 80 miles a day like I do. I only need to work 10 hours a week to cover it. I know you work more then that so you will be fine.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 AM

when i got my monte i didnt want the 3.5 one but it grew on me before i got it. when i did get it i was happy because it has the looks i like and i always can put a 3800 or a ls4 in it down the road if i wanted to. but when i got it i made sure to get the gap insurandce because if some thing happend to it when i am paying it off i would still be paying it off. if i didnt have the gap insurance it is the insurance for the remander of the loan so the lender would still get there money with out looking at the one who got the loan. on the bright side our monte's have a great body lines and smoth ride and able to enjoy every minute of the ride. if you have a good size down payment your payment will be low i do agree with the last post about that. if you have some extra cash to put in to the payment it will help pay off the monte a little faster. so i hope every thing goes well and hope that you will be happy

Old 03-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM

I decided to not get the White Monte even though it looks really good I dont need a loan in this point of my life I graduate next May and I still have classes I need to pay for in the summer. I calculated all my expenses and I can afford it but it would be stretching myself. When I graduate I can get something really nice as a present to myself.

What are some other cars I should look at besides a Monte???? I have around $4500 to spend I dont want to miss out on something just because I am only looking at Monte's. If I dont end up getting a Monte ill def end up selling or trading whatever I get in for something better when I graduate like a 07 SS

I REALLY want to get this over with im so tired of looking on craigslist lol

Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM

I sent you a PM a couple days ago with a black one that is here in Cedar Rapids. It only has 103,000 miles on it, and it looks clean. I think they are asking $6000 for it. You might be able to get them down some so it's closer to your price range.

Thought it was worth a shot.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

New today
2004 Monte Carlo
Another new listing, pretty sharp and your price with a motivated seller.
2003' Chevy Monte Carlo**Clean, Gas Saver! NICE(773)494-4406
Pace car, let him keep the wheels and bargain with him
CHEVY 2000 MC PACE EDTN

One of these should fall into your price range, no get busy and go get your next car.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 PM

well anything. Just find something decent. And good luck with a 07 ss. they made 10k montes in 07 including ss. For 4500 you can get any 90's car with low miles that will last you a few years. You wont be able to get more then 500-1k on trade for it tho. Sell it and use for down payment when your ready. and btw craigslist is ****.

http://autos.aol.com/used-list/year-.../price---4500/

5 6th gen monte carlos including 1 ss for under $4500 within 75 miles on chicago. Boom buy a monte.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 03-27-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM

If your just looking for something to get by with, then why not get an LS for now? I know it's not what you really want, but at least you'd have a Monte.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
well anything. Just find something decent. And good luck with a 07 ss. they made 10k montes in 07 including ss. For 4500 you can get any 90's car with low miles that will last you a few years. You wont be able to get more then 500-1k on trade for it tho. Sell it and use for down payment when your ready. and btw craigslist is ****.

2000 to 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for Sale in Chicago IL

5 6th gen monte carlos including 1 ss for under $4500 within 75 miles on chicago. Boom buy a monte.
The SS looks great I will call them tomorrow but I ran a Autocheck report on it and it say on 3/22/12 it was reported at a Auto Auction and it was posted on AOL the 17th so hopefully they didnt send it to the Auction since they couldnt sell it but we will see tomorrow.

Originally Posted by mairj40
I sent you a PM a couple days ago with a black one that is here in Cedar Rapids. It only has 103,000 miles on it, and it looks clean. I think they are asking $6000 for it. You might be able to get them down some so it's closer to your price range.

Thought it was worth a shot.
I saw the black one they want 6800 I will call first thing in the morning never hurts to ask so ill call in the morning.

Originally Posted by 77gp
New today
2004 Monte Carlo
Another new listing, pretty sharp and your price with a motivated seller.
2003' Chevy Monte Carlo**Clean, Gas Saver! NICE(773)494-4406
Pace car, let him keep the wheels and bargain with him
CHEVY 2000 MC PACE EDTN

One of these should fall into your price range, no get busy and go get your next car.
Damn that Pace car looks good wonder if they are original miles I would love to take a look at it seems like it would be worth the 4 hour drive to go get it I sent an email because he didnt leave a number hopefully he contacts me back.

its another pace car available i talked to him a couple days ago but he isn't willing to lower the price to what I have and it has over 200,000 miles on it 2000 monte carlo ss $6000

I actually contacted the seller of the white one last week while home looking at a red MC and he never contacted me back after a voicemail and text

Should I check out this 03 pace car he claims the motor has been rebuilt and it has a brand new tranny in it. Is this a good thing or does this show signs of abuse that both are new? Would other things start to go bad now that it has so many miles on the body?
2003 Monte Carlo SS pace car

I really cant thank you all enough for your help!! I go to school in Macomb, IL which is about 4 hours from Chicago but Im also about 3 hours from St Louis and 1hr 45min from Davenport, IA and so if you find anything around here let me know

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM

I will check I found 5 montes near chicago in you budget if I find you a monte and you buy it you owe me lunch and you have to take pics of my car cus I cant.

Quick Reply: Should I buy??? Getting discouraged