General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Short lived monte carlo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Short lived monte carlo.

So when I first had news of getting this car I was excited. I had many plans but they are now being cut short. I'm trying to get over a bump and my life and I have no money to spend on my car. It needs tires and some suspension parts plus the paint going bad in the back and now to top it off the tranny is going out. Has about a maybe a week in it. I appreciate all the help I had from here. but I can only see two ways this will go. I will go get a different car and it will sit for a long while till I have money to restore her or I can get what I can out of it. But I dont have anywhere I can put it atm. We will have to wait and see. If i do get rid of it I will be selling the parts that I put into it so I can get some money for a down payment on some thing. good news is my credit is pretty good so a loan wont be a problem. I have thought about getting a loan to get the car fixed but that would cost more then the car is worth and I wouldnt be able to make it happen. I only have a couple of parts to sell. I have shorter dog bones, powder coated power log from zzp and I would need a stock replacement to sell the zzp down pipe. its catted 2.5. I will have these items posted on the Sell forum if I do decide to get rid of her. Who know I might get another monte carlo if I find one for the right price. Guess Ill have to see.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry about your situation man. You are still welcome on MCF even if you no longer own a Monte.

If you still want a Monte, GM made a lot more of them then 1 and they are for sale somewhere all the time. Yours doesn't sound like it's beyond hope, just timing is not favorable, like all of us, you can only afford to shell out so much on your ride.

I wish you the best and hope a plan that makes you happy comes together!!

Old 10-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear. Hope everything works out for you.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks. New problem arose that is my fault. pretty sure its a fuse but its a no start now.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Domhellraiser
So when I first had news of getting this car I was excited. I had many plans but they are now being cut short. I'm trying to get over a bump and my life and I have no money to spend on my car. It needs tires and some suspension parts plus the paint going bad in the back and now to top it off the tranny is going out. Has about a maybe a week in it. I appreciate all the help I had from here. but I can only see two ways this will go. I will go get a different car and it will sit for a long while till I have money to restore her or I can get what I can out of it. But I dont have anywhere I can put it atm. We will have to wait and see. If i do get rid of it I will be selling the parts that I put into it so I can get some money for a down payment on some thing. good news is my credit is pretty good so a loan wont be a problem. I have thought about getting a loan to get the car fixed but that would cost more then the car is worth and I wouldnt be able to make it happen. I only have a couple of parts to sell. I have shorter dog bones, powder coated power log from zzp and I would need a stock replacement to sell the zzp down pipe. its catted 2.5. I will have these items posted on the Sell forum if I do decide to get rid of her. Who know I might get another monte carlo if I find one for the right price. Guess Ill have to see.
How much did you pay for the car and what's the milage on it? You might be able buy another one and pull some of the intrinsic failing parts from your old one. 6th and 7th gens are rare for people to sell where I'm from beacuse there is more demand for them than supply. I'd go with a 2003 if you don't want a s/c (the trannies are better) or a 2004/5 if you like the 6th gen style with a s/c. If you just want power and got good credit and the time to pay it off the 7th gen SS' are sweet with that V8.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

I'm assuming its an ss also. If it is there is always a demand for the 3800 engine. Might be worth about as much as the car at this point.