General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): She's going under the paint gun! lol!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

A Man without his Monte is like a day without SUNSHINE !

Old 08-02-2012, 06:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Monte is ALMOST done (today marks a freakin' month). I saw it on Tuesday, looking GREAT except 2 items:
1 - his buffer scored the inside of the front fog light area on the bumper and he was going to fix that.
2 - He tried to cut a corner and not repaint (to get rid of the blue/purple paint) on the rear bumper where the top fasteners are (as it's hidden by the trunk lid any ways).

Well, when I saw it, #2, I was NOT happy with. And he tried to talk me out of it. I did not have time to debate it (I had to go look at a Grand Am I had interest in buying), so I told him I'd sleep on it, but I don't think my answer was going to change. Heck, after I slept on it, I realized, I would have rather had my OLD bumper cover with it's inperfections instead of one with a hidden purplish line.
I know he cut a corner on the front bumper (and I only know it because I saw it as he was prepping it), but you know what, it passes, I can't see it and I know it's there. But the back does NOT fly.

Well, yesterday we had an argument that made me VERY angry. He called to see if I was picking up the car, he fixed the fog light area. I asked if he did the rear bumper and he said no. I said, well, I'm going to need that fixed and he said he'd have to ask for more money (no mind you, he's getting an extra $200 BEYOND what he quoted me because it took longer to prep the bumpers and recondition then planned as a result of of things like the front bumper having two layers of paint and the top layer not adhering right and then he did not want to mask to do the front grill I wanted done and socked me for extra to do that).
At this point I told him, I failed to see why I have to pay extra and he went "well, it's within tolerance for paint match in an unseen area and the car is not really a show car" (as he knows I'm now taking it to shows and he knows I placed while at the GM Nationals). I was PO-ed and commented, I fail to see how I should pay extra for a purple strip I did not have before and I refuse to pay any extra to fix a mistake that was NOT my fault and I won't pay for that job if it's left that way.
He grumbled and said he'll fix it and have it ready today.

It better be done and done right, or I will blow my stack when I go to pick it up.

Here's how it is so far (sorry no pics of the bad area I'm complaining about).

Attached Thumbnails She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6420.jpg   She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6421.jpg   She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6422.jpg   She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6423.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

It's looking great! But your painter sounds like a real tool! I'd be pissed too. Good for you for standing up for yourself and telling him to shove the extra money...That is rediculous that he screwed up and tried to charge you to fix it.

I wouldn't be recommending or going back to that loser. :P

Old 08-02-2012, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just be glad you went through this and it wasn't for the finishing touches of the Camaro!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

WOW! The pictures look great. Nice shine and a very nice color

Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

You gotta watch those body shops they will screw you any way they can

Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I FINALLY got the Monte back!! Only after FOUR WEEKS of waiting, but she's BACK! Everything is "satisfactory". I have some MINOR issues, but some are just the way they are and tolerable and there is one I am going to address myself.

BUT, regardless, she looks GREAT and back home!!

Attached Thumbnails She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6438.jpg   She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6439.jpg   She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6440.jpg   She's going under the paint gun! lol!-copy-img_6441.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 PM

Well it's about damn time! Looks great Jason! But I'm sorry, after the run arounds this guys given you over this whole process (plus a whole month for the work) I wouldn't be going back to him.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Good

Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

way to stand your ground, I would have let it go and be 100 times po'd everytime I saw it! Looks great......

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): She's going under the paint gun! lol!