General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Secret box

Old 04-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Secret box

There is a black box in the front passenger side corner of my engine compartment in my z34. Does anyone know what it is? It had latches like you could open it but I didnt because I wasnt sure what would happen. The box is located pretty much right behind the passenger side headlight.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Default RE: Secret box

I believe that is where your ECM is...I'm not sure.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:30 AM

5 Year Member

Thats possible. I always just assumed the ECM was either under the airbox or under the battery. I will have to crack open that box and take a look.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 AM

[align=center]Hi `Matt,[/align][align=center]I'm not sure what the `black box is, but it could be a tracking device[/align][align=center]installed by your parents . LoL [8D][/align][align=center]I am sure that your z34 Engine Baylooks `Super Clean 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you clean `it everytime you wash your Monte ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm sure that one of our expert tech, should be able to tell you[/align][align=center]what the black box is when they read your post.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Matt, you keep your Monte super clean, 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]How many miles are on your Monte ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I will search for the mystery black `box & get back 2 U.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

Thats possible. I always just assumed the ECM was either under the airbox or under the battery. I will have to crack open that box and take a look.
I know on my car the ECM is in that box...I learned that when I was having my intake gaskets fixed, and on mine there is like a little scoop where air is taken in and it goes to that box...so I asked my friend doing the work, and he's like oh, that's the air intake to keep your ECM cool. lol.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is a black box in the front passenger side corner of my engine compartment in my z34. Does anyone know what it is?

The FBI, DEA, and CIA are all monitoring your whereabouts.

You B in serious trouble, d00d!!!! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

(sorry, just fooling with you) [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 04-07-2008, 04:34 PM

5 Year Member

The more I look at it the more it seems to be that it is my ECM. I wanted to pop it open and look but the support bar and a small fuse module is in the way, but I dont see anywhere else that the ECM could be. This is just one more speedbump in my path to making a FWI. I noticed that the newer montes have the washer bottle in the pass. fender and I wanted to relocate mine there but that box is in the way. I want a FWI but I CANT figure out what to do with the washer bottle. Well the search continues.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:10 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi `Matt,[/align][align=center]I'm not sure what the `black box is, but it could be a tracking device[/align][align=center]installed by your parents . LoL [8D][/align][align=center]I am sure that your z34 Engine Baylooks `Super Clean 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you clean `it everytime you wash your Monte ?[/align]
No I dont clean it really. That pic is from right after I got it. You can thank the PO for its cleanliness. I only cleanedunder the hoodonce with a rag and water to get some grime out but I havent cleaned it since. I need to get some purple power and a hose and clean it down, its getting dirty again.Managed to stay pretty clean over the winter tho.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:51 PM

The ECM is in there....same location for both our Monte`s.