General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

For Sale Or Trade

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Here it is.

Feel free to save it, copy and paste it, whatever.
Thank you.

Yes I knew what you ment about the battery tender.

I kept my battery charger on the car. Every couple of days I'd charge the car for a day or so. To help keep the battery up. And I had no problem with the car's battery.

I did what the service manager told me to do.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So correct me if I'm wrong.

The OnStar battery doesn't charge unless the engine is running?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

So exactly what is the problem. Is it a seperate battery for the Onstar system, or something else?

7th gen Montes are not the only GM cars with battery issues. Go to the Solstice forums and you will find post after post about junk batteries. I believe the batteries are made in China, like the tooling to make new cars are now days. (SORRY, didn't mean to get sarcastic. WAIT A MINUTE! YES I DID! The new Volt and Malibus are going to be made with MUCH tooling made in China. That's why I'm now unemployed!)

The 1st thing I did with my Intimidator SS was to swap batteries and brakes from my '01 SS LE. Battery is an Optima red top, and the brakes are Powerslots and Hawk pads

Anyway, sorry to hear about your problems. And if you do quit Onstar, remove that then useless box from your trunk, re-route the wires out of the way, and note how much better your trunk looks without that box in the trunk.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:52 AM
rj
15 Year Member

OnStar battery does charge off the car. So the car does need to be running.

Their battery can only be charged a certain number of times from what I gather and once they get to a certain level of discharge they will not take a charge.

Anyone remember the battery issues I had with the car? And the dealer FINALLY replaced the battery. Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I believe these battery issues with the car's battery set the OnStar battery problems in motion. But................. the service manager is giving the impression they are blaming me for not driving the car like they expect me to.

Please remember, I have done everything they told me to when the car's battery got replaced last fall. I kept an automatic charger on the car and ran it every couple of days to keep the charge level up. And I also disconnected the car from battery per the serive manager's instructions if I wasn't using a battery charger. So any new battery problems whether it's with the car OR with the OnStar battery should not be laid on me.

When the dealer calls to tell me to bring the car back to get OnStar's battery replaced I may decline? Why?

I was cleaning the car today to get all the dirt and road grime off from yesterdays drive to the dealership. While cleaning under the hood I found a series (more then 2 or 3) of deep scratches in the paint next to the pass side diagonal brace on the radiator support. I mean almost to bare metal.

I do NOT set anything on, in, or near the car. NOTHING!

When they got the car yesterday, it did not have these scratches.

Pissed? You bet!!!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I would point those scratches out to them and have them professionally touch them op, using a professional detailer, or make them repaint the fender. If they don't comply, file a complaint with Chevrolet. Let them know you will go over their heads. And don't be afraid to let anyone elso you know that uses them, about what they did to your car's paint. Make them make it right. Come unglued on them if need be, but that probably won't help.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 AM
rj
15 Year Member

My mother first responded she felt the dealership has it out for me. I guess cause I've complained about them to Chevy before. She also said to accept what happened and go on.

I replied I wasn't about to accept them scratching my car like this. For one they have now cost me points at the Monte Carlo Nations. Which I was planning on taking the car to.

She then sided with my father who said to make them fix it.

There were NO scratches on my car prior to this. I've cleaned it enough times to know every little nick and blemish. H--l I do my best to keep the underside of the car looking like the outside as much as possible. Does this sound like a person who doesn't care what their car look like?

That's why I posted it will take a couple days to get the car cleaned up again from it's journey to the dealership on wet roads. I presently have the car in the air on jackstands so I can access the underside for cleaning.

They will fix these scratches or else................. And to my liking.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Geez. They really do have it out for you at that place.

Is there ANY other GM dealership near by you could go to?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Remember me trying to get my headlights replaced cause of the condition of the chrome inside and the dealership refusing to do so?

Your response is what Chevy themselves to me to do. "Find another dealer close by."

There isn't one. Not one that can be trusted.
(doesn't sound like the one I've been going to can be trusted either)

The only other one even remotely close has (or had) a nasty reputation for being crooked. Almost everyone knows not to buy a car from this guy. Or.......... from the guy who used to own the dealership cause one of his salesman now owns the dealership.

I haven't heard anything bad about the business since the salesman took over. But I haven't heard anything good either.