General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Default RE: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

I don't need fogs/stripes/decals or anything on my Monte to look aggressive. When I pull up on someone they know it is aggressive without any of the add-ons. [/align][/align]Why change perfection? [/align][/align]If they were meant to be on then they would be on without havingtotoggle a switch. They are there to aid in adverse conditions and that's it. When it rains you turn on your lights andwipers.[/align][/align]When I see cars running with their fogs on outside of these conditions I don't think aggression I think "What a joke" Some state well I can see better at night with them on well then I think you should have you headlights checked or you eye examined because fogs are just annoying to other drivers in clear conditions. [/align][/align]Your say yourthinking of your own safety? What about those around you that you blind because you just think you want to look more aggressive? A lot of fogs are after market and are aimed to high.

This editorial is in no way a representation of this station or its affiliates
[/align]

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but why wouldn't you want to be able to see better? A Car with the fogs on sticks out more, so ppl can see you. My fogs are not so much fogs as they are Driving Lights. In other words they do a good job of really highlighting anything in my path that's not level with the road.

If you're to busy bi!ching about someone with their fog lights on to notice the roofing nail in the road than so be-it, hope you can afford the new tire. Myself, with the driving lights on can see gravel in the roadway that other driver's just run rightover. Next time the car in front of you lobs a good rock your way don't cuss at the luck, think, gee, if they only had driving lights maybe I wouldn't be filling in that rock chip this weekend...

The more ppl can see me, and the more I notice about the road I'm driving on the safer I feel. To drive on only annoyed by someone else that's more visible... well that's just ignorant.

Now, save the flame cause I'm not saying it's not annoying when someone doesn't turn off their brights, or has the mis-aligned lights, but I don't do that. I make it a point to bright the person with the off-road only lights that blind everyone. Maybe they'll take the hint?

Oh, and Rick, glad to hear the lights were an easy install. Hope the wiring is non-problematic as well, even without the proper plugs.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick,

You almost sound somewhat disappointed in the lights?

Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member

No. I'm not disappointed. I'm just frustrated. I put the Right and Left side light in the car today. Piece O Cake. They come with a Tripod-like mount and you just put the lower two "Legs" over locating tabs and stick a fastener through the pre-drilled hole in the bumper tunnel and they're in.

I was hoping that they were going to be Plug-in-and-play. Nope. I have to do all my own wiring for them. There's no Pigtail with a connector on the Non-lighted Factory roll-out. Although there IS a place for a Relay and a Fuse ... the Wiring Harness isn't set-up for running the Fog Lights -- stock. That's OK. I'll have some fun wiring them up my way. I just need to have the weather cooperate because I need to do it with some encouraging sunshine warming my aching back and knees.

She looks cool with the Lights in the holes and the lenses occupying the space where those fake-azz louvers were, earlier today. I jumpered them off a motorcycle battery and they both light. I aimed them up of the floor a little bit.

I'm going to custom wire them to a pair of Relays and a Double-throw / Center-off Switch that I'll put inn a vacant space on my dash just to the right of my Light Switch.
I'm going to have them so they'll remote off either the Low Beams or High Beams (selectable) or just be off with the Switch centered.

It means doing a good bit of wiring and relay placement and tapping off the headlights to close the relays when the switch selects them on. Should take a couple of hours of wiring and installing the relays. I want to be doing that job while getting a sunburn ... not frostbite!

The Fog Light Assembly's are in.
The Gopher saw his shadow, got scared and there's six weeks of crappy weather to deal with.
I'll get Phase Two and Three done when the Swallows come back Up-north from Capiztrano!

Old 02-06-2008, 05:24 PM
rj
15 Year Member

You know we need pics right?

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member

OK. I can try to do some pics! But, we have to wait 'til sun-up. If I'm pulling that headlight and sticking a camera in there; I'm waiting for some good light and no freezing rain.
I'm just slightly ahead of the game, right now. I have Factory Lenses in where the bogus-looking louvers were, early this afternoon. For me, getting the pair of glove-fitting lights in there was half of it.
Getting them to come-on, now will be a bit of a challenge.
Working to keep the wiring off the Monte's Bodywork Control Module is going to take some time and expense.
But, it's in the works.
I'll do the pics so you guys can see what these lights look like from the inside. But, mounting them is something you can do just about blind-folded. They literally fall into place. You couldn't mess-up installing them if you wanted too. It really was that easy. I wish everything you need to do on the 04 Monte was as easy as that!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Don't forget.... we want to see the car with the lights installed.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member

Pics with the lights installed.

http://web.mac.com/richardemassey/iW...hotos%203.html