General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Default RE: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

Lol @ Space. Then there would two big holes in the front of my beautiful car. I just have not encountered any fog to ever need to turn them on.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

To me ... my Monte is like a nice, clean, white dress shirt with French cuffs.

I have the holes in the cuffs for Cuff Links. Let's get them in there.

Update: I spoke to the Lead Tech at Commonwealth Chevy of Lawrence, Massachusetts ... this morning. My Monte is wired for the lights and it a "Plug and Play Deal"! No need to go in and get the BCM Tweaked. It will detect the lights and they'll work without the Novenas, Cyber-tweak, Witchdoctor or jury-rigging. Good news from the guy whose Monte will be "Complete" quite soon.

I ordered a pair of red, vinyl Chevy Bow Ties that will compliment the Monte Carlo graphics on my side panels. Insteas of Monte Carlo SS (which I salivate thinking about) ... It wil be Monte Carlo Red Bow Tie.
Once I get rid of the sissy tires that are on this thing ... it's going to have a more threatening look than the miniature-Hearse-look it gets with the vinyl top!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Fog lights are over rated anyways. Just for show imoas I have yet to use mine in the two years I have owned my car.

Three of my cars currently have them. And two previous cars had them. I happen to like them and yes you can see a noticable difference in lighting when they are not on.

Rick,
Good news your Monte is pre-wired for the lights. Good deal there. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Lol @ Space. Then there would two big holes in the front of my beautiful car. I just have not encountered any fog to ever need to turn them on.
JR, you could take out your fog's and sell them to Rick, and
then fabricate a Ram Air tubing to your intake : )
You could even increase the size of the fog light area,
and use a customJet type opening....
Increase HP by 10% + or more : )
Then you could patent `it and sell to other Monte Carlo Owner : )
and be Rich : )
WoW, I do dream a lot...
Thanks 4 your post...
*Rick, I hope you find some lights : )
Peace/Out/Space

Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 PM

rj dont tell me your one of those types that run around at night with your fogs on even in good weather? Any time I see one of them I just laugh my **** of. Even better is when one of them is blown out :p

Old 01-31-2008, 12:20 PM

[align=center]JR...LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]You would have laughed your **** `off @ me[/align][align=center]when I had my LT3.[/align][align=center]I used mine all the time...night & day.[/align][align=center]But, everyone says that `Space is always[/align][align=center]in a `fog : ) 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]I think it makes your car morevisible, & safer for[/align][align=center]other drivers to see you, especially the ones[/align][align=center]that pull right out in front of you &[/align][align=center]then go 20 MPH under the speed limit [:@][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-01-2008, 05:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I didn't used to but I use them all the time now.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:37 PM

I use mine constantly as well. During the day I turn on the fogs, and turn on my parking lights. I really think the car looks aggressive like that. Then night I have em on, except the car automatically turns them off when the highs are on, because it runs both highs and lows at the same time.

I have the stock bulbs, because I like the white look. I don't notice much difference in fog with them on or off, yes there is some improvement, but not much.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member

It's that "Aggressive Look" I'm going for; too.
Although, I want to see what they can be re-lamped too and how MUCH light I can get out of them without damaging anything.
If push comes to shove ... I'm going to do my own wiring so that I can have them come on with the High Beams.

A little Switch action.
A little Relay action.
A little splice and a diode or two ...
And, I ought to be able to run them On or Off with Highs or Lows or just leave them off.

All depends how creative I can get and how soon Spring arrives so I can work outside and not freeze my you-know-what's off!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:04 AM

LoL @ the aggressive

Quick Reply: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!