General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Default RE: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

Lol @ Space. Then there would two big holes in the front of my beautiful car. I just have not encountered any fog to ever need to turn them on.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

To me ... my Monte is like a nice, clean, white dress shirt with French cuffs.

I have the holes in the cuffs for Cuff Links. Let's get them in there.

Update: I spoke to the Lead Tech at Commonwealth Chevy of Lawrence, Massachusetts ... this morning. My Monte is wired for the lights and it a "Plug and Play Deal"! No need to go in and get the BCM Tweaked. It will detect the lights and they'll work without the Novenas, Cyber-tweak, Witchdoctor or jury-rigging. Good news from the guy whose Monte will be "Complete" quite soon.

I ordered a pair of red, vinyl Chevy Bow Ties that will compliment the Monte Carlo graphics on my side panels. Insteas of Monte Carlo SS (which I salivate thinking about) ... It wil be Monte Carlo Red Bow Tie.
Once I get rid of the sissy tires that are on this thing ... it's going to have a more threatening look than the miniature-Hearse-look it gets with the vinyl top!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Fog lights are over rated anyways. Just for show imoas I have yet to use mine in the two years I have owned my car.

Three of my cars currently have them. And two previous cars had them. I happen to like them and yes you can see a noticable difference in lighting when they are not on.

Rick,
Good news your Monte is pre-wired for the lights. Good deal there. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Lol @ Space. Then there would two big holes in the front of my beautiful car. I just have not encountered any fog to ever need to turn them on.
JR, you could take out your fog's and sell them to Rick, and
then fabricate a Ram Air tubing to your intake : )
You could even increase the size of the fog light area,
and use a customJet type opening....
Increase HP by 10% + or more : )
Then you could patent `it and sell to other Monte Carlo Owner : )
and be Rich : )
WoW, I do dream a lot...
Thanks 4 your post...
*Rick, I hope you find some lights : )
Peace/Out/Space

Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 PM

rj dont tell me your one of those types that run around at night with your fogs on even in good weather? Any time I see one of them I just laugh my **** of. Even better is when one of them is blown out :p

Old 01-31-2008, 12:20 PM

[align=center]JR...LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]You would have laughed your **** `off @ me[/align][align=center]when I had my LT3.[/align][align=center]I used mine all the time...night & day.[/align][align=center]But, everyone says that `Space is always[/align][align=center]in a `fog : ) 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]I think it makes your car morevisible, & safer for[/align][align=center]other drivers to see you, especially the ones[/align][align=center]that pull right out in front of you &[/align][align=center]then go 20 MPH under the speed limit [:@][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-01-2008, 05:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I didn't used to but I use them all the time now.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:37 PM

I use mine constantly as well. During the day I turn on the fogs, and turn on my parking lights. I really think the car looks aggressive like that. Then night I have em on, except the car automatically turns them off when the highs are on, because it runs both highs and lows at the same time.

I have the stock bulbs, because I like the white look. I don't notice much difference in fog with them on or off, yes there is some improvement, but not much.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member

It's that "Aggressive Look" I'm going for; too.
Although, I want to see what they can be re-lamped too and how MUCH light I can get out of them without damaging anything.
If push comes to shove ... I'm going to do my own wiring so that I can have them come on with the High Beams.

A little Switch action.
A little Relay action.
A little splice and a diode or two ...
And, I ought to be able to run them On or Off with Highs or Lows or just leave them off.

All depends how creative I can get and how soon Spring arrives so I can work outside and not freeze my you-know-what's off!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:04 AM

LoL @ the aggressive

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!