General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Red's BooBoo and stupid HID high beams!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Passenger side, another Monte with passenger side damage, what gives.

Just glad it's nothing more serious and the Monte is repairable!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Passenger side, another Monte with passenger side damage, what gives.

Just glad it's nothing more serious and the Monte is repairable!
yeah, glad I went with a body shop. The GM rocker panel alone is $852 alone. Hope she looks good when she gets out. I will accept nothing less

Old 11-13-2013, 08:56 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad you are OK - hope your Monte is back on the road soon

Old 11-14-2013, 02:00 AM

dude, glad you're ok. As Space said, it really could been much worse. I had to sadly tonight take the ditch alil on a backroad to avoid a deer. Was doing >40 on a paved county road and luckily only picked up alil grass and mud as far as I could tell. Need new fenders anyways but don't see any damage that's new. Let us know the progress of the repairs. On a side note tho, coming back into the road, my struts made a horrific sound that made the hair on my neck stand... Looks like new suspension is gonna be sooner than I thought lol. All input on that would be greatly appreciated too.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM

Omg david your driving skills suck! how you crash when im away?! How dare you?! Naw kiddin bro but your life is better than a car...id say tint your windshield a bit but i wouldnt wanna encourage anything "Illegal". But i have a story to tell u broseph!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:50 AM

can u legally tint a windshield? Even like a light smoke or something.. Hate how see thru it is and if it removes the glare, I'm game.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:05 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jshark01
can u legally tint a windshield? Even like a light smoke or something.. Hate how see thru it is and if it removes the glare, I'm game.
Np you can't. Its fine in the city but on back roads like with my incident it would have made it impossible to see. I would bet that thw ricer who blinded me had it tjough. Thats the onlt reason you keep 50W highbeams on that long. I'm not thar bad of a driver. It nevwr would have hapoened if I could see but I think the tint would hurt more than help in this rare situation. Definantly taking the fron road from now on.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Omg david your driving skills suck! how you crash when im away?! How dare you?! Naw kiddin bro but your life is better than a car...id say tint your windshield a bit but i wouldnt wanna encourage anything "Illegal". But i have a story to tell u broseph!
I noticed your absence. Where were you? My driving isn't that bad just unlucky :P

Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
I noticed your absence. Where were you? My driving isn't that bad just unlucky :P

usually im on here during work, so for the last week or so ive just been reading bleach and not really paying attention. I got close to trading in my SS for a 14 impala but i didnt cause I didnt want to be upside down in a loan or what not and i love my monte . but yeah tinting a windshield is illegal, usually what people do here is slightly tint the other windows, and get 35% on front. My buddy has his like that on his gxp, I like it cause its better than the strip.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:11 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska

usually im on here during work, so for the last week or so ive just been reading bleach and not really paying attention. I got close to trading in my SS for a 14 impala but i didnt cause I didnt want to be upside down in a loan or what not and i love my monte . but yeah tinting a windshield is illegal, usually what people do here is slightly tint the other windows, and get 35% on front. My buddy has his like that on his gxp, I like it cause its better than the strip.
I like Impalas but I'd never trade my monte for one (ok if it was a straight across for a nrand new ss impala no one could say no) I'm just gonna get her back and slow down when peoole blind me from now on.

Quick Reply: Red's BooBoo and stupid HID high beams!