General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Red's BooBoo and stupid HID high beams!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member
Default Red's BooBoo and stupid HID high beams!

Soo today I was driving on a back road from my parents house after changing my oil. It was dark and alot of cars were driving with their high-beams on, I was approaching an S curve in the road the is hiden by a straight away dead end, with a car in the opposite direction that had Highbeam HID's on. I was blinded and by the time my vision recovered I was already at the turn. I was already on my breaks so I started the turn, I then realized I was further in the turn than i thought so I turned the wheel further. I forgot the road was wet and began to slide, I tried to correct a couple times and felt I had slowed down enough and tried to straighten it out. I hit grave on the side of the road and slid into a bush. I stopped just 5' too long and 3' to far to the right. Name:  20131112_181826_zps2f2ecea8.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  49.7 KB
Name:  20131112_181832_zps026cc112.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  50.3 KB
Name:  20131112_181839_zpsc45780ee.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  116.4 KB
Name:  20131112_181847_zps8b0a94de.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  69.7 KB
Ill let everyone know how the process with the repairs go.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man that sucks but at least your not hurt and the damage is not too too bad. Hopefully all repairs go ok.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:06 AM

Hi `David,
I was sad when I read you post in yesterdays/last nights Blog.
I hope that you can find a good shop for repairs.

I hope that you have learned from this sad/hurtful experience.
Did the police get called ? Thanks for the pictures & showing the damage > The only words I can say is "It could've been so much worse" & the good thing is the you are physically `OK...Maybe not mentally because of the damage, but that can be repaired easier then a human body....Human are very fragile & can break when they run into things.

Keep us updated & good luck 4-Sure !!!!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 12:11 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `David,
I was sad when I read you post in yesterdays/last nights Blog.
I hope that you can find a good shop for repairs.

I hope that you have learned from this sad/hurtful experience.
Did the police get called ? Thanks for the pictures & showing the damage > The only words I can say is "It could've been so much worse" & the good thing is the you are physically `OK...Maybe not mentally because of the damage, but that can be repaired easier then a human body....Human are very fragile & can break when they run into things.

Keep us updated & good luck 4-Sure !!!!!!
yes space I did learn. I should have slowed down a little more in the low visibility conditions. If I had remembered the turn I would have. I realize how much worse it could have been had another car been coming. Cops were not called and the man whose bush i hit said to not worry about property damage and the guy who blinded me probably didnt realize and kept driving.. I know Ill never miss that turn again though. Thank you for your concern space.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

David at least your ok and your Monte is fixable dude. The damage seams to be relatively minor. Sucks all the same I know

Old 11-13-2013, 08:04 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
David at least your ok and your Monte is fixable dude. The damage seams to be relatively minor. Sucks all the same I know
Thabks Tad. I definantly learned to slow down in poor visibility/road conditions. And to pay more attention on unfamiliar roads.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 AM

Hi `David,
Did you find a good body shop ? It's very important to really check them out with the Better Business Bureau & ask for references.

Ask people in the area what good shops they know. It really pays to do your homework before you commit or sign a contract. Hopefully you insurance company can provide you with good body shops.

Wish you the best & keep your Monte Carlo Family updated.
Good Luck from `Space

Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `David,
Did you find a good body shop ? It's very important to really check them out with the Better Business Bureau & ask for references.

Ask people in the area what good shops they know. It really pays to do your homework before you commit or sign a contract. Hopefully you insurance company can provide you with good body shops.

Wish you the best & keep your Monte Carlo Family updated.
Good Luck from `Space
I was space. Usaa has one that they recomend and It was right by my girlfriends house. Iv also heard alot of good reviews about it over the years. The repairs are also gauranteed and my rental car is re-embursed by usaa. Ill be driving a chevy cobalt for a week iv been told.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 AM

Thanks `David for your reply & it's great that you get a loaner ride while your Monte is in the Shop...It's also good that the shop has good reviews. If you can I'd would stop @ the shop often while your Monte is there & show your concern for your ride + see the type of work they are doing. Most body shop personnel seem to do a better job when they have a customer that loves their ride.

Will be looking forward to your updates

Old 11-13-2013, 06:51 PM
1 Year Member

So I dropped red off at the body shop and got my loaner. Its a 2012 chevy malibu LT. Its not bad but I really miss my monte already :/ atleast its a chevy though. Glad to have something to drive in while she's gettin work done though.

Quick Reply: Red's BooBoo and stupid HID high beams!