General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): In progress

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:51 AM
1 Year Member
Default In progress

Well guys she is still down for the count. Took the heads off the other day and the rear head was destroyed and my middle piston had a hole punched out the middle of it. That's what a dropped valve will do. Well its moving slow but parts are slowly being bought and my room is a mess of boxes now. lol. So far I have all the front end upgrades, ported supercharger, northstar throttle body, and of course all the other good mods that I can use off the engine such as the #60 injectors and billet rails, poly mounts, and that sort of stuff. Also the XP cam is going to be able to be reused and double roller timing chain. The next purchase is going to be ZZP stage 3 heads, rebuild bottom with forges pistons, stage 2 intercooler with the goodies, ZZP cold air intake, 3.0 pulley, a mess of gauges so I can monitor everything this time lol, TEP trans, and a meth injection kit. She is no longer going to be the daily driver n just a nice show/ summer day car. Just thought Id post since its been awhile.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good to hear from you again was wondering what was happening. Wow quite abit of destruction took place. That absolutley sucked for sure bro. Good news if there is any is you were able to salvage a few key high dollar parts for your rebuild. From what your going to do next it appears your going to have a full blown race grade Monte when your back out on the street. Keep us posted on the progress and any innovative measures you may take during the rebuild process. Those ZZP Stage 3 heads are not cheap and the meth injection is great insurance against detonation. A labor of love is what your embarking on now and a one off Monte you can be proud of for years to come. God speed be with you during the reconstruction of a sweet Monte!

Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM
1 Year Member

Yea believe me I know they aren't. And yea I am taking my time and making sure I do everything that I can to prevent this from happening again. And yes thankfully a lot of parts can be reused to cut down on the cost and once she is back on the road I'll deff have to make it out to one of those shows. Thanks man and I'll be sure to keep up with the updates.