General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

PROBLEMS WITH ZZP AND NOW PFYC

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH ZZP

I agree 100% with you on this one Luke. I dont think what ZZP did was the proper way to solve a dispute. I think what you did was. I understand what they are saying if you had actually asked for your money back when you still had some parts, but you didnt ask for your money back you just filed a dispute to cover your money in case you didnt get your parts. It is not the customer's responsibility to figure out why he didnt get his parts, its the company's. It is the customers responsibility to pay, which you did. Yet ZZP didnt hold up their end, they just blamed someone else and threatened you instead of fixing the problem. If I were you I would have boxed the parts you had back up and threw a note in that said F you and sent them back and filed for your money back through paypal. You actually gave them a chance to clear things up and try and satisfy you. How is that unreasonable? It isnt. So since Luke didnt say it, I will. F you ZZP and Matt M. you have alot of nerve joining this forum just to tell everyone that it wasnt your company'sfault, when it clearly was.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 PM

Wow... Though I know how bad it sucks to have a ****ty shipment, mistakes do happen. I'm not saying this because every part on my car is from ZZP, only that I know how hard it is to do internet business, and sometimes these happen. Luke, stay positive. Did you get your part yet? If not, stay on it! Things will fall into place, and I assure you that they will try their best to make you happy. If not, we'll take a road trip up there =)

Keep me updated! I'm excited to see how your modding goes! And I want pics!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the plog got here last friday the 7th

as for the headlights they are in and look amazing with the clear corners it is amazing. i just cant get over how they look.

I will probably have pictures up around the 24th sometime, because that is my springbreak and the rims, powerlog, crossover, hv3, heat shield, TB spacer, rear trailing arms, new custom intake box (yes another one) will all be going in.

i will def be taking a whole bunch of pics of the installs and of the entire car when it is all done.

P.S. Keegan,what about those motor mounts?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 PM

F you ZZP and Matt M. you have alot of nerve joining this forum just to tell everyone that it wasnt your company'sfault, when it clearly was.
Matt, at no time did I state or even imply that anything was Luke's fault. Furthermore, while ZZP agreed to take responsibilty for the shipping error and send out another shipment, that was not the topic of my post. My post was directed towards other people joining in this thread and accusing ZZP of everything under the sun. From what I witnessed, Eric was working on resolving the situation as soon as he returned from out of town. Furthermore, Zoom must have gave Luke's claim reasonable consideration to begin with or else he would have never transfered it to Eric to work with the customer. If in fact someone made it sound as if ZZP wasn't going to look into it then there was some miscommunication and that was where the issue stemmed from. I wasn't involved in the claim on any level, so I would not know any details on that aspect. I simply wanted to post in this thread to point out that there are often parts of a story that can be overlooked. I apologize if this has offended anyone.

-Matt

Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM

My post was directed towards other people joining in this thread and accusing ZZP of everything under the sun.
I can understand your reasoning.

Can we ALL just drop it, and wish Luke the best of luck on his Fun Modding!?

P.S. Luke, I just sold them to Mike... Sorry =(

Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I was at ZZP Monday afternoon. I exchanged a USED flex plate that I bought from them, for a p'log manifold. I was dissappointed in the fact that when I received the flex plate that I was not informed at any point that it was used. I bought a new flex plate from a dealer for $20 more than the used plate (which was severely corroded, but sand blasted). ZZP is a booming business with growing pains, the way I see it. I wanted to buy the ceramic coated cross-over pipe, along with the ceramic coated rear manifold, but both were out of stock, as was my torque converter last month. Mistakes DO happen, and ZZP has ALWAYS done me right, and they will continue to get more of my business. Internet shopping is like buying on eBay. "Buyer beware". That is one reason I have been stopping in there as much as possible to do my purchasing.
Tim is VERY knowledgable, as is Zoomer. Besides, NO ONE IS PERFECT, but they DO try hard, in my experience.
Another example: Most places will sell you ANYTHING you want. ZZP has told me more than once, that something I was talking about was not needed or not recommended. Aftermarket exhaust? NOT NEEDED! Roller rockers? NOT NEEDED! Headers? TOO LARGE PRIMARIES! I would lose torque. TOG is out of business. They had 1 5/8 primaries, but the Pacesetters are 1 3/4, and they take a HEALTHY engine. Same thing with the Meziere's billet flex plate. 1.9:1 rockers OR a cam. Try getting a sales person at ANY OTHER store to tell you things like this.
ZZP will CONTINUE to get MY business, as they will be putting a cam in my Intimidator SS this summer. But again, NO ONE IS PERFECT!

Old 03-15-2008, 01:22 PM

So in all i am happy with everything and how it got handled once i was in contact with Eric and i will probably end up spending more money at ZZp as long as gas prices stop going up at some point so i have money to spend

Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Glad to hear that you was able to get things worked out with ZZPerformance. They really are good people to work with, but sh_t DOES and will continue to happen. I've learned to call ZZP and talk to Tim with my questions, then talk to Kyla to order what I need. They have a toll free number, and it saves the internet problems. I prefer to stop in there, when possible. Biggest problem I see with them, is that they sell some tnings so fast, they can't keep up with stock. They make most items in house, such as the power log manifolds, downpipes, intercoolers, etc. They have 2 CNC's, and of course, the chassis dyno.