General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Parent and Fuel Situation...

Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Parent and Fuel Situation...

Okay guys so I know I made a thread about this a while ago but this is kinda different in a way I guess. So I'm suppose to be bringing my car back from Florida either this week or next week and I just had it out with my mom about the premium ordeal. She said that once the monte is back up here I won't be allowed to use premium (yeah well once i get a job again and start making my own money again they wont have any say but whatever) so right now I pretty much have two choices. One, just deal with them/listen to them and use regular unleaded until i get a job and can pay for it myself again, or two go behind their backs/sneak around and put premium in it anyway. I'm so scared that if I go premium to regular to premium that my car is gonna break down or something and I really don't want that to happen. So any advice guys??

Old 01-13-2010, 03:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Going back and forth is not what is going to hurt it. But running regular in a car that specifically REQUIRES premium is no good for it. First of all, you will be getting large amounts of Knock retard, and the possibility of chipping a piston is always there. That will get REAL expensive to fix. Secondly, you have a car with good power, using regular with hurt your power output noticably in that car.

If you MUST run regular, then you need to keep your foot out of it, and just drive it easily.

For your own personal reasons, I think you need to just let it go, and get along with your parents, and if you think sneaking premium could come back and bite you in the A** then I wouldn't do it in your situation.

From the cars stand point, I think its dumb to run gas that is not recommended for the car. Its literally like $3 bucks more per tank to fill up on premium, that to me is not worth harming your engine, or loosing performance.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
From the cars stand point, I think its dumb to run gas that is not recommended for the car. Its literally like $3 bucks more per tank to fill up on premium, that to me is not worth harming your engine, or loosing performance.
X2.. do your parents even realize that?? IF I were you I would hurry up and get a job, or start looking for loose change around the washing machine and couch

Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

how are you paying for the fuel in cash or with credit card?? if its not a way that will show up what you bought than i say go premium

Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

or you can just get a gallon or two less each time so they dont notice?

Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you MUST MUST MUST run regular gas, because they make you use a card, and look at receipts etc.

I'm sorry to say you will need to disconnect your supercharger so it doesn't spin and you run super super sluggish. But it will prevent the boost and the KR.

But if it's cash and stuff, then try to go behind their back on it because it will do more harm to the engine and be WAY more costly.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:14 PM

or you could do this tell them your gonna run premium b/c if not itll mess up the car & once you get a job youll pay them back the difference, see if theyll go for that

Old 01-13-2010, 04:19 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Premium is cheaper around here??? Just try to tell them how bad it is for the car...

Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

it's hard to convince them. they say its all bull and doesnt matter which just pisses me off and like mike said i'm trying to get along with my rents after the war that just went on. i usually pay with my card but they arent on my account or even at the same bank for that matter so i dont think they would be able to tell and i'm in the process of trying to get a job. its hard bcuz my resume is still in the computer down in florida so like more profession jobs like vet clinics i cant apply to until i have that resume and all. so i'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. i gotta figure out something though thats for sure bcuz this whole thing is a mess. i'm so ready to move back out again, ughh i hate this so much

Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM

if they cant tell than i say use premium, its not much more so they wont be able to tell,& higher octane isnt bull, my truck wont run on anything less than 93 & even than it dosnt run great it needs 110 or so really so octane does make a difference

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parent and Fuel Situation...