General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new and has a question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Exclamation new and has a question..

hi guys im new and had a question, I'm looking at a 2003 monte carlo SS and its bein sold for $3700 is this a good deal? and what do I need to look out for on this car before I decide to purchase, plus it'd look sweet next to the camaro xD

Old 09-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

how many miles are on it? thats a low price, so a good deal if its in good condition. i would see if the floors are dirty, if there super dirty i would pull them up to make sure its not rotted beneath. i would also check the coolant tank to see if theres any gunk in it indicating that it hasnt been changed in a while. also, check the tranny fluid level, oil level, power steering fluid. most fluid checks will determine if theyve taken care of it.

also i would check the paint for imperfections, major ones, the tires, see if theyre new old, bald whatever, and then check common rust spots like behind the headlights and on the bottom of the doors.

when it runs let it warm up a bit and see if the tranny is good, see if it clunks between gears, or when going from a complete stop, just the little things like that.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
how many miles are on it? thats a low price, so a good deal if its in good condition. i would see if the floors are dirty, if there super dirty i would pull them up to make sure its not rotted beneath. i would also check the coolant tank to see if theres any gunk in it indicating that it hasnt been changed in a while. also, check the tranny fluid level, oil level, power steering fluid. most fluid checks will determine if theyve taken care of it.

also i would check the paint for imperfections, major ones, the tires, see if theyre new old, bald whatever, and then check common rust spots like behind the headlights and on the bottom of the doors.

when it runs let it warm up a bit and see if the tranny is good, see if it clunks between gears, or when going from a complete stop, just the little things like that.
he said he thinks like 80,xxx but I think the gauge cluster was swapped so now im clueless, tires and rims have miles on them, just repainted, not sure if professional. I'll know more today I was only able to look for a second, my ma was lookin for a stang and I wanted the monte lol but Ill find out what I can today.

Btw is there any recalls I shold be aware of on the car? and if there is how do I know if he fixed it already or not/

thanks

Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck!