General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New guy lookin for some help on anything

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Default RE: New guy lookin for some help on anything

Welcome to buying a car from a dealership that doesn't give a "****e" about the consumer....and just wants to sell cars. Honestly, you can call any dealership, give them your VIN and they can get you a tube of touch up paint.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah they sure seem different now that I bought the car.

Before I got a daily phone call from the saleslady. Offering information, what have you about the '06 Montes.

Someone who claims to be from the dealer has called like 5 times wanting to know how I like my Monte?

Trouble is they only call when I'm not home.

IF/when I talk to this person I plan on sharing my unhappiness with the service I've received since buying.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:47 AM

First, you don't need to putz with the exhaust. The stock exhaust doesn't become a problem until about 350HP.

KN makes a drop in filter that will give you a little more power and make the engine sound tougher: http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2334

It is going to be about a year or so before you really start to see parts come out. Here is a good sight to check: http://www.slponline.com/

Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM

I dont think i am about to get 350 horse out of it but i got exhaust done anyway... sounds kinda cool. can't get a v6 to sound like a v8 with out a internal work but its good enough.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

I'm still trying to get some touch-up paint to fix two stone chips on my hood.

For some reason the salelady who helped me find my car and the sales manger are now blowing me off? Called them both, left a message on their voice mail, neither wil return my call?????????????
you need to go in, they can't blow you off if your there, they have to talk to you, technically if the car was like that when you bought it you could have said that you wanted it fixed from them when you got it, and they should have

they should be responsible to fix the damage, or the car should have been cheaper because of it

stone chips can be fixed with touchup paint really easily, just put wax over top of it after it dries so it can have a kind of coat over top of it so its not exposed and rusts

Old 11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Strange but the dealer says they had to order the touch up paint as they don't have it in their parts department.

I could see them not having paint for an '02 or '03 Monte in the parts department but none for a 2006 car?

They told me the paint is coming, but they want me to buy it.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 AM

they don't stock touch-up paint... cuz not a lot of people even bother with it - so it is a special-order item. I had to order mine too, last december...

Old 11-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

were the chips in it when you bought it???

if so then they should fix it

Old 11-15-2006, 10:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Yep. The chips were in the hood when I bought it.

And I pointed them out to the saleslady the day we went in to first see both cars (the 3LT and LTZ).

She said she'd take care of it.

She sure did.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 AM

I was reading in a few exhaust posts that there is a flaw in the bend where the two manifolds come together, when I took my car into miadas to get my exhaust set up done the guy looked at it and said there is no restriction in mine. Is that only on the earlier generations?

Quick Reply: New guy lookin for some help on anything