General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New guy lookin for some help on anything

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Default RE: New guy lookin for some help on anything

There is no Bose option for '06 or '07. The available system is 8 speakers instead of 6. That's it. You can also opt for an in dash 6 disc cd changer but that's a seperate option from the speaker option.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:27 AM

try racing stripes. vinyl ones only cost about $30 or so. tint the windows...add the black head and tail lights. maybe a kit, nah, you got 20's. maybe get the rims painted...get your pipes done, put the chevy logo on the tips...lol

Old 10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: thatyounginss

try racing stripes. vinyl ones only cost about $30 or so. tint the windows...add the black head and tail lights. maybe a kit, nah, you got 20's. maybe get the rims painted...get your pipes done, put the chevy logo on the tips...lol

LMAO!!! now your sounding like a honda driver :-p

thats gonna make it go way faster!!!!

dont forget a set of neon's

Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is no Bose option for '06 or '07. The available system is 8 speakers instead of 6. That's it. You can also opt for an in dash 6 disc cd changer but that's a seperate option from the speaker option.

My LTZ has the 6 disk CD changer with 8 speaker system, XM, and MP3.

I was told by the saleslady only the LTZ and SS got the 8 speaker systems. All other models got a 6 speaker system

LMAO!!! now your sounding like a honda driver :-p
thats gonna make it go way faster!!!!
dont forget a set of neon's

Decals don't add horsepower?

Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 PM

Hey RJ I just said that in my above post, and your salelady/man is wrong....look in the brochure and online at chevy.com.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 06MonteSS

well, he doesn't have an SS, so you can rule out any of that stereo option talk... he already stated he has the 3.9L engine, so those V6 versions come with the 16" or 17" wheels/tires, and trying to spin/turn those 20's he put on is gonna be a chore...

and as far as the stereo is concerned... I've got the standard single cd/mp3 model, which is better than the BOSE system anyway... just search around and you'll find that the upgraded BOSE system is actually junk/sh*t.... it whines/whistles at low volumes, etc etc...

Yes I have heard this from a few sources..apparently the non bose system is much better..

Old 10-28-2006, 07:43 PM

same rims on the trep and it turned all the way through first and for exhaust the guys a miadas gave me a good set up that sounds pretty cool and did a little bit. The cd player is sweet i left that alone and the 15's are the w3.
I got a power sunroof put in since this pic and took off all the badges but this is what it basically looks like.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Hey RJ I just said that in my above post, and your salelady/man is wrong....look in the brochure and online at chevy.com.

I took what you'd posted as meaning something seperate from what I posted.

My LTZ has the 6 disk CD changer with 8 speaker system, XM, and MP3.

I was told by the saleslady only the LTZ and SS got the 8 speaker systems. All other models got a 6 speaker system

Old 10-29-2006, 12:13 AM

well your saleslady is wrong...the 8 speaker option is available across the monte carlo line.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I just question my girlfriend who was present when the saleslady described my LTZ to us.

She confirms what I posted about the 8 speaker system. That only the high end Montes got this.

But I can agree there's no reason one of the other models couldn't have gotten this if order?

It could be if you tried or did order say an LS and started ordering upgrades a salesperson would try to convince you to buy a higher end model. (1LT, 2LT, 3LT, LTZ, SS)

Quick Reply: New guy lookin for some help on anything