General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Views about MCF<What's Yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 AM

Ask not what your Monte Carlo forum can do for you, but ask what you can do for your
Monte Carlo Forum ?
Thanks member's for all your contributions & doing your
best to improve our forum & your Monte Carlo.
There is always room for improvement in life & on
any world wide forum.
It easy to find faults, but it's more difficult to find the
solutions to the faults or problems.

Constructive criticism is good for any forum, but
positive/workable solutions are always welcomed.
I look forward to positive solutions that will
benefit the majority of our membership.

I've learned that you can make some of the member's happy some of the time,
but it sure is difficult to make all the member's happy all of the time.., but we will
keep trying
I hope every member does the same..

Old 01-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Space

Thanks `Jake, for your post and creating member's views on your thread topic.
I appreciate feed back from member's & I am constantly learning something everyday on the MCF & Life.
I agree, we must all move on & enjoy our present & look 4ward to our future...Thanks for your input 4-Sure

Congratulations on your many Win's in your AweSome Monte Carlo
Thanx Space,nice pics who is that guy?lmao

Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I could take MOTM or leave it. Sometimes I feel invisible on this site even though I am a very active member on here. My 03 won back when I joined the forum in 2006 - it has been nominated a couple of times this past year but never got into the voting round (I don't think, I can't remember). My 03 has won national car shows and I don't feel it gets the respect it deserves here. I don't have a lot of mods and maybe that's the reason it doesn't get the respect. My 05 won right after I purchased it and it was in very rough shape but it was supercharged so I guess that's why it was nominated and won.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM

Sometimes I think we have to look within ourselves for the answers, or look in2 your mirror & ask yourself `why ?

Take a Good Look At Yourself (Original By Ruby Collins - YouTube
Click 2 take a look @ yourself
Deep Thoughts

I'm surprised that so many are unhappy It makes me sad
I shall rest & think/dream & hope that I can help or find the answers, or remind everyone to look at what they have, instead of what they don't.
"Be Happy 2 `be the best that you can `be"...That's all that a person can `do.....I'm working on it everyday that I am given...I am thankful 2 `be & still able to keep working on my dreams......"Nothing Good in this life is E.Z. 4-Sure" ~>Peace/Out from `Space
================================================== ====================================
"The more you take responsibility for your past & present, the more you are able to create the future that you seek"`amen

Last edited by Space; 01-22-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I love this forum and the people on it. I love to come here and see all the members car and the mods they do to them. When I make a nomination for MOTM I like it to be a member who has posted about some recent mods or a nice new photo shoot. Like others have said ALL members have a nomination and a supporting vote so get involved and pick someone you think deserves it.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by jakefluker
Thanx Space,nice pics who is that guy? lmao

Hi `Jake,
I'm not sure who that guy in the picture is, but he sure looks like a Winner to me
===========================================
Member Lou Green,
`Lou thanks for your words, posts & all your contributions to
your Monte Carlo Family Your time & dedication is appreciated 4-Sure

Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 AM

I was nominated once, didn't make it to the voting round, I did feel honored and appreciated those that nominated/seconded me but as others have said I too am not really here enough plus if I see 4-5 people have said the same thing in a post I really don't see the added benefit of saying, "yeah what they said" so I don't comment. Again might clear up some hard thought if the title were changed to MEMBER of the month, since that pretty much is the way most come down, I'm not crying or poo-pooing, don't think anyone here is really complaining just trying to make a point.

My only real complaint is people post-whoring. Threads like "Woo Hoo 100 post!" not a real big deal in my opinion more quality and less quantity is a better thing. I've got over 1000 post, didn't create a thread when I hit 1000 wasn't a big deal to me, also saw that around 100 of those post were in the word associating thread, so that number means even less. Didn't really add anything to the site. I know Space "every post means something to the advertisers" and I understand but... well I better shut up now!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I agree with Brian's post. I don't start many threads and yes I do post in the daily blog but I only share certain things there. I do have a lot of posts but I have been here the longest (out of the people who still post on a regular basis).

Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I haven't been here all that long and have made friends with several. There are a lot of great people here. I would not change a thing. You can come here for anything from help with a project to a prayer. People are very helpful and I can attest to that. I have parts of my car shipped off to 2 different members who are either working on them or having them worked on. That is above and beyond the call of forum duty. Those are the kind of people I vote for. Those who help others, either with knowledge or skill. The Monte does help. Heck, we even have a Nascar fantasy league! I haven't noticed anyone that has let MOTM go to their heads. It just makes you feel good that all your work was noticed. As Space said, "Can't make everybody happy all the time." MCF Rules.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp
I haven't been here all that long and have made friends with several. There are a lot of great people here. I would not change a thing. You can come here for anything from help with a project to a prayer. People are very helpful and I can attest to that. I have parts of my car shipped off to 2 different members who are either working on them or having them worked on. That is above and beyond the call of forum duty. Those are the kind of people I vote for. Those who help others, either with knowledge or skill. The Monte does help. Heck, we even have a Nascar fantasy league! I haven't noticed anyone that has let MOTM go to their heads. It just makes you feel good that all your work was noticed. As Space said, "Can't make everybody happy all the time." MCF Rules.

Thanks `Jerry & member's for your posts & thoughts. Your time/life is important 4-Sure. I believe in
Being Thankful for what is. When you find yourself wishing for something you don't have, or wishing your life would be different, start your quest for your wish by being thankful for what is already in your life. This will bring you back to the present moment. Make a list or think about what you are thankful for right now even if all you can think of is that you are alive and can breathe. You don't want to miss the gifts right in front of you, because you are always looking beyond what is in the present moment to what once was or what might be. If you are thankful for what is , you'll be happy to be in the moment instead of some place else. I know I'd be happy to have another Monte Carlo 4-Sure...+ `be super thankful!

p.s...I don't think that I make posts, I believe I make MCF creations of words/thoughts & pictures to help or make member's remember 2 `be happy 2 `be , or just confused everyone..~>

No One is guaranteed a 2 morrow 4-Sure....Please enjoy the present you get each day of `Life...Peace/Out from `Space

Attached Thumbnails My Views about MCF&lt;What's Yours?-spacehead.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 01-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: My Views about MCF<What's Yours?