General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Views about MCF<What's Yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have to say I love this site It has been a great way for me to find parts and some great ideas for mods and trouble shooting my Monte !! It is like 1 great big think tank for people of like Minds and Interests.
MOTM and year are cool with me and I do understand both sides of this discussion for sure.It is nice to receive a thumbs up from your fellow members but I tend to use the site for help and Friendship more than anything It is like face-book for Monte's!! LOL

Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
I have to say I love this site It has been a great way for me to find parts and some great ideas for mods and trouble shooting my Monte !! It is like 1 great big think tank for people of like Minds and Interests.
MOTM and year are cool with me and I do understand both sides of this discussion for sure.It is nice to receive a thumbs up from your fellow members but I tend to use the site for help and Friendship more than anything It is like face-book for Monte's!! LOL

You mean this ISN't face-book?

Old 01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i am a man of little words today so here are a few

love the site

NEEDS MOAR 4TH GENS!

and less people complaining about it, (MOTM)

you can nominate yourself, put a link to your garage and what you have done , why you diserve MOTM

i'm no where near eligiable for MOTM but i vote and bought a calander! and don't complain about it

o yeah have a great day! go drive your monte for the one's that can't llike myself

Last edited by Budsjlm; 01-23-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
i am a man of little words today so here are a few

love the site

NEEDS MORE 4TH GENS!

and less people complaining about MOTM

you can nominate yourself, put a link to your garage and what you have done , why you diserve MOTM
I agree. More 4th gens. My favorite gen.

You can't nominate yourself for MOTM.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
You can't nominate yourself for MOTM.
dang how am i ever going to get nominated then! lol guess i was wrong

Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

^^^Justin as soon as it's finished I'll nominate you.......if you deserve it.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 AM

Thanks `Justin, I think you are a Winner and yes I believe we need more 4th Generation Monte Carlo's on our forum.
Thanks Member's for all your posts & contributions to `OUR FORUM 4-Sure!!!

How to be a Winner - Five Characteristics by Rober Vander

I talked about winners and losers and how easy it is to fall into a losing pattern. That post was one of the most commented on of all my posts. So I thought it would be helpful to look at that topic again – listing five characteristics that we find in winners.
By winners I mean people who tend to be successful in most ventures that they take on in life. Obviously, they will experience failures too, but over all, they tend to be a winner.
1. Take Action
One of the first characteristics that we will find in winners is that they are willing to take action to solve their problem. Even before that, they acknowledge that there is a problem. Too many people will complain about a problem, and blame it on someone else. Since it is someone else’s fault, they should fix it (not me). It is easier to complain than to take action and do something about it myself.
2. Passion
Nothing significant gets done by just thinking that it would be nice to do or to have someday. To be a winner, you must focus on the prize and be committed to accomplishing it. There will be many things that discourage you. Failures and ‘knock-downs’ will challenge your resolve. Passion is what will get you through to eventual victory.
3. Be Teachable
If you know everything already then there is no need to grow or improve. If you recognize the need to learn more – about everything – then you are teachable. This is an attitude. It is a desire to always learn, always improve. That is the only way to be a winner.
4. Be Willing to Stand Alone
A winner is often alone. It may be because they are hard at work practicing while others are watching TV. It may be because they are following their own vision for success rather than following the crowd. Because of their passion and willingness to take action, they already stand out from the crowd. They have to feel OK about that. Soon they will be alone at the head of their class or their business.
5. Love People
A winner will rarely be the person who avoids other people at all cost. The winner enjoys people. Even if they are an introvert, they will recognize that they can never succeed on their own. They understands that the gifts and inputs of other people will make them a better person. The winner will develop an attitude of caring for other people – both those who have few resources, and those who have more. Their love will win people over and help them in their challenges too.
These are just a sampling of some of the characteristics of winners. Hopefully, we can look at these and identify some that are a part of us, and some that we can strive to improve. That is all a part of how to be a winner. It means always moving on toward the goal. Now please go detail your Monte Carlo

Last edited by Space; 01-24-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Justin gaurentee you got my vote dude!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member

it's a ways off! thats is all i know, but fingers crossed it will atleast be rolling soon

Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JAFO
My only real complaint is people post-whoring. Threads like "Woo Hoo 100 post!"
Woo Hoo Post 782!!! - no really - I hate that too.

I honestly hardly ever go into the MOTM section - the last few months I've nominated and voted and I was nominated once but no one supported. Not a big deal to me. I don't get into the whole contest scene anyways - I mean, I do what I do to my car because I want it that way, I don't care if others like it and want to nominate it for an award. All that matters is I'm happy with it.

Lately though I've just been shaking my head at some of the people here that carry on about their cars like a borderline obsessive. Do I like my car and take excellent care of it? You bet your a**. But do I carry on about how one of a kind and special it is? No, there's about 423,000 6th gens alone, and putting a little work into an 8 year old car is no where near the same as restoring and rebuilding a 50 year old car (finding parts alone can be years of work). My opinions at least.

EDIT: I didn't just come in here to find fault in the current system, so I did send some feedback to Taz

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 01-24-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: My Views about MCF<What's Yours?